Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Batch uploads

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Batch uploads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PJNEW

I would like to be able to upload, and I am speculating here, just the file path reference to a batch of images located both on my hard drive and web server. I would like to be able to do this dynamically and wonder if it is possible.

If not, can anyone suggest a way to do this other than having to type in line by line the file path reference to every image and thumb that I want on my database. I can't imagine that huge product databases with images are entered line by line. 🙄

Of course, I may be viewing this from completely the wrong angle, so any help appreciated.

CalEvans

Since SQLyog does not have a scripting language (and I argue against it if anybody is interested) this is really beyond the scope of the program. SQLyog is a query analyzer and maintenance tool. You would be better off utilizing a scripting language for something like this. PHP or PERL if you are on a real OS, VB otherwise. (Since I don't know PERL, lean on PHP for this kind of thing a lot.)

You are right, most major systems do not do this by hand but they also don't try and use a query analyzer to do it.

Off the top of my head the login would be something like

get an array of the directory

loop through the array in a for/next loop inserting one record into the table for each image with it's path and anything else you want to include.

fairly simple.

HTH,

=C=

PJNEW
      Quote:
      You are right, most major systems do not do this by hand but they also don't try and use a query analyzer to do it.

Now, now….newbie remember? 😀

Thanks very much for your response. I have been using PHP a bit….I will shoot off and check out the dedicated PHP forums. Again thanks for your reply

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.