Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Backup Fails

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dbusr
      Participant

When I try to use the backup tool on a database on a server, it fails with the following:

Quote:

select `SPECIFIC_NAME` from `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`ROUTINES` where `ROUTINE_SCHEMA` = 'my_database' and ROUTINE_TYPE = 'PROCEDURE'

And shows an error of:

Quote:

Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20, found 16. Created with MySQL 50096, now running 50528. Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error.

This just started happening. The backup works fine when accessing the server I have installed on my computer (wampserver). And if I login on the remote server and use phpmyadmin, I can download it. Any idea what is causing this? how to fix it?

Using 10.51

peterlaursen
      Participant

Does not the error message tell everything “Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error.“? I think it does.

We had an identical report less than a week ago: http://forums.webyog.com/index.php?showtopic=7028

About the mysql_upgrade program read MySQL documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-upgrade.html

I think the server has been upgraded but after an upgrade that affects system tables you must run mysql_upgrade. If you do not have shell access to the server where this problem occurs you will have to point the sysadmins' attention to their mistake. You will not need to mention SQLyog at all becuase the error is not specific for SQLyog. Just tell that this valid statement

“SELECT `SPECIFIC_NAME` FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`ROUTINES` WHERE `ROUTINE_SCHEMA` = 'test' AND ROUTINE_TYPE = 'PROCEDURE';”

.. returns this error and the reason is that the latest upgrade requires mysql_upgrade to run an ALTER TABLE statement against the mysql.proc table.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Actually everything is even more clear from this error message: “Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 20, found 16. Created with MySQL 50096, now running 50528”

The server was upgraded from version 5.0.96 to 5.5.28. In 5.0.96 the `proc` table has 16 columns. In 5.5.28 it should have 20. But on this server it only has 16 because of incorrect upgrade procedure.

Now: there is a problem: you cannot upgrade from 5.0x to 5.5x in one step. At least it is not guaranteed to work (but you should still try if running mysql_upgrade fixes the probelm, of course). But if even mysql_upgrade errors, is a problem that the server admin (whether it is you or another person) must fix. There is nothing wrong about what SQLyog does here.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.