Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Backing Up Multiple Databases On A Server

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Backing Up Multiple Databases On A Server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jeffsf

I need to backup MOST (but not all) of the databases on my webserver. I have one HUUUUGE database that never changes and doesn't need a daily backup, and like 8 small databases that change frequently and thus need daily backups.

How can I setup my XML file to omit the one database, or explicitly define the databases I DO want backed up. I tried this:

SECRETUSERNAME

SECRETPASSWORD 3306

yes

yes

yes

yes

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

yes

no

utf8

no

no

But it just skips the second database. There has to be a way to do this without creating individual database backups. Omitting one database would be better because i wouldn't have to update every time a new db was added.

Mahesh

Currently there is no way to achieve this without creating individual database backups.

I have added your feature request here :

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1417

Thanks for your suggestion.

jeffsf
      'Mahesh' wrote on '09:

Currently there is no way to achieve this without creating individual database backups.

I have added your feature request here :

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1417

Thanks for your suggestion.

I came up with a workaround for this:

1) Create a new user with limited privelages to ONLY the databases you want backed up

2) create a new connection with that user to the database server

3) backup the entire db using that connection

viola!

Also, i missed the deadline to upgrade my sqlyog enterprise. If you'd like to give the upgrade, i'd be much obliged!

Chirag
      'jeffsf' wrote on '09:

Also, i missed the deadline to upgrade my sqlyog enterprise. If you'd like to give the upgrade, i'd be much obliged!

Jeff,

No worries, we'll email you the link to upgrade your copy of SQLyog.

Regards,

Chirag

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.