Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

[b5] Structure Sync Ui

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions [b5] Structure Sync Ui

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jrossiter

Don't send the scroll to the bottom of the window

This occurs when the UI is first loaded, as well as on every single folder action. Closing or opening a folder sends the scroll to the bottom of the window. I mentioned this in B4 and was blown off as “not an issue”, but I'm sorry… for usability, this is serious. It makes the SS UI extremely difficult to use.

Don't pre-expand the folders in the SS UI

It makes the SS UI really difficult to use when you have large databases. The Pre-5.1 behavior of closed folders is much more user friendly.

(For instance, I have a DB with > 50 tables that I use on a daily basis and sync fairly frequently)

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      I mentioned this in B4 and was blown off as “not an issue”

What I wrote then, was that whether the scroll was up or down when first opening the GUI was no issue to me. But I did agree that expanding an item should not triger any change in scroll position. Sorry if I did not expres myself clear enough.

sarat

Both the issues are by design. I will discuss it with my fellow developers and reply back. Probably we can keep things in preferences.

Ritesh
      jrossiter wrote on Apr 3 2006, 01:52 AM:
      Don't send the scroll to the bottom of the window

This occurs when the UI is first loaded, as well as on every single folder action. Closing or opening a folder sends the scroll to the bottom of the window. I mentioned this in B4 and was blown off as “not an issue”, but I'm sorry… for usability, this is serious. It makes the SS UI extremely difficult to use.

I am not able to reproduce the problem while opening a folder. It indeed scrolls down to the bottom on closing of a folder and this will be fixed in v5.1 RC.

Quote:
      Don't pre-expand the folders in the SS UI

It makes the SS UI really difficult to use when you have large databases. The Pre-5.1 behavior of closed folders is much more user friendly.

(For instance, I have a DB with > 50 tables that I use on a daily basis and sync fairly frequently)

I have put this issue in the TO-DO list for v5.2.

Rohit

Auto expansion of Tree View nodes have been fixed in the latest releases.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.