Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Autosuggest Join B On A.id=B.id

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Autosuggest Join B On A.id=B.id

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DAE51D

My friend just showed me a great feature that Toad (http://toadsoft.com/toadmysql/) has.

So basically it pulls options from your SQL statement you have created such as what SELECT fields, what FROM tables and the auto-suggest drop-down box will show various complete SQL fragments such as this list:

Code:
      footable
      footable ON bartable.id = footable.id
      table_a
      table_a ON table_b.id = table_a.id

or more specifically…

Code:
      event_data
      event_data ON log.id_event_data = event_data.id_ev…
      fault_data
      fault_data ON log.id_fault_data = fault_data.id_fa…
      info_data
      info_data ON log.id_info_data = info_data.id_info_…
      log_type
      log_type ON log.id_log_type = log_type.id_log_type

I have to admit, Toad is looking pretty impressive and robust, especially for a FREE tool. I think SQLYog might need to step up their game. 😛

I keep trying to attach a 28k .png screenshot and it's failing?!? is the uploader broken today? It gives no reason other than “This upload failed” !? 😮

Weird. Today it worked. So definitely something was broken on your end as this is the same picture.

[attachment=1421:toad_autosuggest_join.png]

peterlaursen
      Participant

The PNG should work but please try to zip it.

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW: did you consider the SQLyog Query Builder? 

Rohit

We have plans to improve auto-complete drastically. For example: Parenthesis highlighting, etc.

An unbiased opinion about Toad:

While Toad for Oracle is a fantastic product, we find Toad for MySQL extremely sluggish & buggy for serious use. I would encourage you to try Toad/MySQL for some time and share your feedback here. We are always looking forward to new ideas & suggestions for our products.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.