Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Autocomplete

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Autocomplete

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

Thing got a little confused .. I'll write a summary of issues and requests here:

1) jrossitter reported a crash, that I could reproduce. Should be fixed.

2) jrossiter reported slow performance when deleting text from the editor. I cannot reproduce this, but Ritesh has confirmed the issue and plans to solve this in BETA7

3) jrossitter requests that autocomplete should only be effective 'at the end of a word', that is if there is a , a TAB, a LINEBREAK or NOTHING after cursor position. Reasonable in my opinion, but not high priority here.

4) I request that backticks ” `” (leading backticks at least) are stripped out from strings before looking up matches in the database. It would be elegant if a backtick was added at the end of the inserted string if it was stripped out at the beginning!

5) I request that TAG-file names are human readable. So that you have a chance to delete unused and corrupt files and only those.

6) I request the current 'rebuild TAGs' menuitem expanded to a menu 'group'

* rebuid TAGS (fast)

* rebuild TAGS from scratch (slow)

* REPAIR and VACUUM tag file (what ever SQLite allows for)

7) Finally there was a request (don't remember by whom) a few weeks ago that ALIAS'es should be supported. This is probably a tricky one, as an ALIAS only is valid inside a single statement. SQLyog will have to parse the complete statement for ALIASes when cursor is moved to another statement. Anything after an 'AS' followed by SPACE, TAB or LINEBREAK will have to be added to some temporary db (saved in memory only), and shall not be saved to disk when exiting! But this would 'kick'! For use with not-so-powerfull cumputers I think it should be an option!

Ritesh
      peterlaursen wrote on Apr 9 2006, 04:16 PM:
      Thing got a little confused .. I'll write a summary of issues and requests here:

1) jrossitter reported a crash, that I could reproduce. Should be fixed.

2) jrossiter reported slow performance when deleting text from the editor. I cannot reproduce this, but Ritesh has confirmed the issue and plans to solve this in BETA7

3) jrossitter requests that autocomplete should only be effective 'at the end of a word', that is if there is a , a TAB, a LINEBREAK or NOTHING after cursor position. Reasonable in my opinion, but not high priority here.

4) I request that backticks ” `” (leading backticks at least) are stripped out from strings before looking up matches in the database. It would be elegant if a backtick was added at the end of the inserted string if it was stripped out at the beginning!

5) I request that TAG-file names are human readable. So that you have a chance to delete unused and corrupt files and only those.

6) I request the current 'rebuild TAGs' menuitem expanded to a menu 'group'

* rebuid TAGS (fast)

* rebuild TAGS from scratch (slow)

* REPAIR and VACUUM tag file (what ever SQLite allows for)

7) Finally there was a request (don't remember by whom) a few weeks ago that ALIAS'es should be supported. This is probably a tricky one, as an ALIAS only is valid inside a single statement. SQLyog will have to parse the complete statement for ALIASes when cursor is moved to another statement. Anything after an 'AS' followed by SPACE, TAB or LINEBREAK will have to be added to some temporary db (saved in memory only), and shall not be saved to disk when exiting! But this would 'kick'! For use with not-so-powerfull cumputers I think it should be an option!

1.) Fixed in BETA 7.

2.) Fixed in BETA 7.

3.) I am not sure if I understood the issue. If I show it at end then there is no meaning of TOOLTIP. The person has already written the word. One extra option we are adding in BETA 7, whereby a user can configure to show all TOOLTIP or autocomplete will only display a dropdown on pressing ., ( or ctrl + space and ctrl + enter. So you will not get tooltip for keywords if you dont require it.

4.) Currently being worked in the BETA 7 development tree.

5.) Added for v5.2.

6.) Hmm…Added in the TO-DO list but not sure which version we will implement this.

7.) Added in the TO-DO list but not sure which version we will implement this.

peterlaursen
      Participant

@ritesh – regarding 3)

'at the end of a word' just means 'if there is no letter after cursor position' or 'only if there is a , a TAB, a LINEBREAK or NOTHING after cursor position'.

That is for instance 'her' triggers autocomplete end

'here' does not.

Autocomplete should append to strings only .. not be functional in the midst of a string.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.