Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Autocomplete Gui Bug

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Autocomplete Gui Bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

The problem is that if you have 'tooltips' enabled then if a tooltip pops up and the mouse is inside the tooltip window the keyboard becomes blocked/irresponsive.

To reproduce:

Enable tooltips. Type 'SEL' and a tooltip displaying 'SELECT' pops up. Move cursor into the tooltip window (don't click). Try typing 'E'. Nothing happens. Program does not read from keyboard.

In practice it really happens quite frequently here! And as I am able to 'blind-type' (neither looking at screen or keyboard) everthing stops … and I first notice after a while – several lines down – if they were there!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Not fixed in Beta6 🙁

Ritesh

I am not able to reproduce this. Here are the steps that I followed:

1.) Write SEL

2.) Yellow tootip window popups.

3.) I move my MOUSE CURSOR over the popup window.

4.) I can easily type whatever I want. I finish SELECT without any problem.

Did I miss something?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think you missed testing on a real computer 🙂

No, what you did was correct!

I now tried on both of my 2 Windows installations. Both are WinXP SP2. Both use native windows mouse- and keyboard-drivers (no Logitech and such 'smart' thing here!). It happens on one of those PC's (my 'mini') – Not the other.

So this is system dependent. And may be a rare thing as this 'mini' is a pretty special thing – with a VIA Nehemiah processor. Both PC's have an ordinary VIA chipset and use common 4-in-1 driver sets for the mainboard.

Is this behaviour CPU microcode dependant?

Let it open for a while and let us see if other users report same thing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.