Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Autocomplete Broken In 9.32 For Aliased Tables

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Autocomplete Broken In 9.32 For Aliased Tables

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Sikes

In the following query, if I place the cursor after the SELECT statement and type b. or s. I get a dropdown with columns for the table after typing the dot if I'm using 9.30. However, with 9.32, no dropdown appears:

Code:
      SELECT
      FROM backorder b INNER JOIN sale s ON b.`SaleID` = s.`SaleID`
      ashwin

Issue confirmed and fixed. It will be available in the next public release. Thanks for reporting this to us.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Next release may take some weeks to be ready for public release. Is this OK? If not we can build with the fix and give to you here, but we want to save the time going through a complete standard release cycle.

Kevin Sikes

Hi Peter,

I appreciate that your team has found and fixed this issue so quickly, and I also appreciate your willingness to provide a one-off build. However, it's not necessary — I have reverted to 9.30 for the time being. Take your time with the new release.

By the way, will autocomplete ever suggest JOIN predicates? For instance, in the sample code I provided, after typing ON will SQLyog ever suggest b.`SaleID` = s.`SaleID` ? That would be very useful. Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Your idea about “JOIN predicates”. How should a client be able to do this? How should it know what the user wants to JOIN together? You could say that it could propose JOINs based on what Foreign Keys are defined. That could make sense. But that is not how our Autocompelte works. Autocomplete has no 'SQL awareness' at all. It is just 'string pattern matching' against a database basically (with some additionally logic identifying in some cases if the current token should be a database, a table, a function parameter, a keyword or whatever).

Kevin Sikes

Yes, autocomplete would need to be aware of the relationships between tables to suggest JOIN predicates. I hope you will consider adding this ability; other tools provide it (including a popular free tool for MySQL), but I would rather use SQLyog and not switch between tools. Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have released version 9.33 with the fix for this. Please refer:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/11/21/sqlyog-mysql-gui-9-33-released/

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.