Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Almost Cosmetic – ALTER TABLE bug

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Almost Cosmetic – ALTER TABLE bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

When you use the ALTER TABLE from within Sqlyog (tested 4.06 beta 6 but I don't think it is a 4.06 issue alone) and you delete the FIRST ROW the display shows (wrongly) that the row you deleted still is there and the row below was deleted instead.

However the program does not do anything wrong when you press “Alter Table” – it's only the display that is wrong!

Ritesh

Thanks.

I have forwarded it to my development team. It will be fixed in the next v4.06 BETA.

Ritesh

Very strange as I am not able to reproduce the error. I just selected your mp3_files table and started Alter Table window using F6. Dropped the first row and it displays things correctly.

I am using Win XP Pro.

alter_1.png

alter_2.png

Ritesh

Did I do something wrong?

Shadow

I must confirm this GUI bug! The only catch is that before dropping the column, cursor must be located in the box containing the name of the field.

Ritesh

If you notice in the first image, the cursor is indeed located in the box containing the name of the field.

Can you mail me screenshots to reproduce the problem?

peterlaursen
      Participant

It does not seem so simple 😡

Right now I can't reproduce either. If and when the problem occurs again I'll do some more research into it!

Shadow

This may also be a W2K GUI related issue. Forum does not accept my screenshot saying too large (~27K:cool: 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant

>> Shadow

do you have any other programs running? I remember with 4.0.0 I had a GUI error that only occurred when Outlook2000 was running!

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Forum does not accept my screenshot saying too large (~27KB

We are having issues with our new server and we are working on it. We hope to fix it by this weekend.

You can mail me the screenshots.

Shadow

@peterlaursen: Yes, I run all kinds of software running along SQLyog 😀 Outlook 2003 for example, but I don't think that would interfere with this inconvenience.

@Ritesh
      : That explains! I'll mail you the screenshots later today.

Ritesh

@Shadow: I just got your mail. I think the GUI bug only appears when you drop a field while you are editing its name. Isnt it correct?

peterlaursen
      Participant

thats's it Ritesh!

First click in a Table Cell highlights the cell as a whole.

Second click highlights the text in it.

Third Click positions the cursor within the text

The GUI bug ocuurs after second and third click, but not after the first!

Shadow

Nope, second click is enough, my screenshots are the proof, just I can't upload them to the forum…

Ritesh

Now you should be able to upload the screenshots as we were able to fix the problem yesterday.

Shadow

Before dropping a field:

Shadow

And after dropping a field:

Shadow

Just forgot to attach the screenshot, and in edit mode I can't add picture to the post…

Ritesh

This bug affects CREATE TABLE option too.

Both the bugs have been fixed in v4.07 development tree.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.