Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

All My Saved Connections Disappeared By Upgrading To 6.12

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests All My Saved Connections Disappeared By Upgrading To 6.12

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      ChrisB

I've been using SQLyog Enterprise since v5.18 as a paid customer, and have upgraded to 5.19, 5.21, 5.22, 5.25, 6.03, 6.04, 6.05, 6.06, 6.07 when the new releases came out … and never had any problem with my Saved Connections being retained.

Today I installed v6.12 over my 6.07 expecting the usual flawless upgrade, and when I went to start SQLyog to check out the new features, discovered that *ALL* my Saved Connections are gone.

With some programs I don't trust so well I'll do a backup of configuration settings, but I never had any inkling that SQLyog would be a problem.

But now, my 50+ connections … are gone.

So, two questions:

a. Where is this information normally stored? My sqlyog.ini file in AppData contains the names of the last 6 SQL files I've opened and knows the name of the last-used Saved Connection …. but no Saved Connection details appear there. Is the connection data saved in the registry perhaps?

b. Is there any chance of recovering the old information?

chilm

Same to me 🙁 terrible disaster.

I thought i am clever and copy the content of sqlyog.bak.ini to sqlyog.ini but nothing happened no stored connections at all.

I have been upgrading about 5 times now and this never happened before, i am NOT amused.

What to do guys? it is such great and timesaving software and i use it all day's.

ChrisB

After hunting high and low, I found a sqlyog.bak.ini file from 3 months ago, which contains 51 connections.

I went to my AppData folder and renamed the current sqlyog.ini to sqlyog.ini.new

Then I copied my sqlyog.bak.ini file to the AppData folder as sqlyog.ini.

Then I started SQLyog Enterprise 6.12.

It wiped out all my Saved Connections again.

I compared the .ini files and found that the “old” file contains this section:[codebox][CSVESCAPING]

ESCAPEDBY=\

FESCAPE=t

LESCAPE=rn

ENCLOSEDBY=”

ISESCAPED=1

ISFIXED=0

LINETERMINATED=1

ISENCLOSED=1

ISOPTIONALLY=0

FIELDSTERM=1[/codebox]…whereas the new one contains just this:[codebox][CSVESCAPING]

ESCAPEDBY=\

FESCAPE=t

LESCAPE=r[/codebox]

I did some further testing and found that simply removing the blank line from the file seems to let even my backup file be accepted and functional.

Thus, it would seem that 6.12 has a bug that causes blank lines in the sqlyog.ini file to cause it to stop reading the file and ignore the rest of its content.

ChrisB

A secondary problem is that having 50+ connections defined makes loading the Connection dialog in SQLyog very very slow. I'd noticed it getting slower and slower more and more with each 6.x release, but now it's painful.

Windows XP SP2, 3.0 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM.

peterlaursen
      Participant

we will check everything in detail when office opens in 4-5 hours

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) confirmed that empty lines will cause stop reading from the file

2) also speed issue with huge number of connection is confirmed

peterlaursen
      Participant

Issues were adressed in 6.13 that was just released.

We are very sorry for this of course.

ChrisB

Thank you.

Installing 6.13 has improved speed significantly. A delay is still present, but almost unnoticeable now.

I tried my backup file which contained the blank line, and it seems to work properly … no loss of data.

Thanks again.

I have another issue with the connection dialog box, but I'll log it in another thread since it's a GUI issue more than a logic issue as these were.

peterlaursen
      Participant

You are right about the speed. It is not quite as fast as 5.x. Hopefully we can improve furher!

chilm
      peterlaursen wrote on Nov 14 2007, 10:31 AM:
      1) confirmed that empty lines will cause stop reading from the file

2) also speed issue with huge number of connection is confirmed

Hello there hard workers,

installed version 6.13 and putted my old ini(.bak) in to the new ini file, but still the same problem.

That means no connection details whatsoever, i am working the whole day with MySql db's local and remote so i have got a BIG problem now.

What to do?

And something else for the latter… the e-mail notification of reply's from this forum does not seem to work.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please open the file in a text editor.

Does the content of the file 'match what the program displays?

chilm
      peterlaursen wrote on Nov 14 2007, 09:47 PM:
      Please open the file in a text editor.

Do the content of the file 'match what the program displays+

?????? did you stop typing?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Sorry .. I do not get you.

I mismathced a “?” and a “+” . Now I edited!

Basically we need to know if the dropdown displays all connections in the .ini or not! Or if they were lost from the .ini.

swampthang
      ChrisB wrote on Nov 13 2007, 01:55 PM:
      two questions:

a. Where is this information normally stored? My sqlyog.ini file in AppData …

b. Is there any chance of recovering the old information?

Thought I'd help to clear this up for Vista and XP users. I got the following reply from support:

If the program version you were using earlier is less than 6.06 then in the installation folder sqlyog.ini will be renamed to sqlyog.bak.ini and that file will be copied to the Appdata folder.

Still You can copy a sqlyog.ini file to the following path

For vista: C:Users{user}AppDataRoamingSQLyog

For Xp: C:documents and settings{Users}Application datasqlyog.

What I found was this…

The data of the old file was kept in the new sqlyog.bak.ini file located in the SQLyog program folder (on my box it is in C:Program FilesSQLyog Enterprise)

Here's what I did to restore all:

1. Open the sqlyog.bak.ini file located in the new program directory using notepad (or I like Notepad++)

2. Select all and copy to the clipboard

3. Go to the directory listed above for your operating system. (Mine is: C:Users{user}AppDataRoamingSQLyog)

4. Open the sqlyog.ini file in notepad and replace the stuff that's in there with what you copied from the sqlyog.bak.ini file in the Program's directory.

5. Save it and close and you're good to go!

I noticed that there were some differences in the data for each connection in the new ini file so I didn't just want to save the old ini file into that directory. Hope that helps.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.