Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Additional Spaces On Restore Of Triggers, Procedures And Functions

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Additional Spaces On Restore Of Triggers, Procedures And Functions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      hiero

Hi,

When restoring a database using the “restore from SQL dump…” functionality, an additional leading space is added on every line starting with the second line of triggers, procedures and functions. This prevents a successful comparison of the database structure to other versions of the database.

I'm using SQLyog Community version 6.1 Beta 4.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I doubt this happens when RESTORING – rather when EXPORTING.

Could you open the dump in an editor and check this, please?

How was the dump created? SQLyog export, SQLyog scheduled backup or by some other program?

This is probably not important but you should always tell the MySQL version!

And it would be a little help if you pasted in a small example!

peterlaursen
      Participant

we just did a brief test.

We cannot reproduce (MySQL 5.0.41) .. or we do not understand what you are telling. So please detail!

(screenshots are always good for illustration of such issues)

hiero

I have verified that the export with mysqldump is ok (5.0.37). For your reference, I have attached two screenshots, one with the code sequence generated by mysqldump and one with the code after import:

[attachment=763:SQL_Impo…ysqldump.gif]

[attachment=764:SQL_Import_done.gif]

hiero

In the meantime I realized that the export was from a utf8 encoded database using INNODB-engine. Maybe it's related to the use of utf8, because the file being generated by mysqldump is utf8 encoded as well.

Mahesh

Thanks for the report,

but I am not able to see the leading space in every line after the second line from functions , etc… ?

Also, Please provide SQL dump file that you used for restoring.

hiero

Have a look for the region below the “begin”. In the first screenshot, the text begins in position 5 and in the other screenshot in position 6. It's most obvious for the line starting with “end”, which only starts in the second position in the second screenshot.

For your reference I have attached a short SQL script which demonstrates the bug.

[attachment=765:function.zip]

Regards,

Frank

Mahesh

Issue Confirmed!

We have fixed the issue in our source tree, soon we are releasing the latest version with this fix.

Thanks again.

Mahesh

6.1 RC has been released with this fix .

http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=3562

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.