Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Add Option For Spatial Index-type In Manage-index-frontend

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Add Option For Spatial Index-type In Manage-index-frontend

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Meinolf
      Participant

If i want to add a spatial index, i have to create it via plain sql. It is not possible to create it with frontend via “Manage Indexes”.

The are only three possible entries for index type: FULLTEXT, PRIMARY and UNIQUE.

When i choose a column with spatial data (with type ‘geometry’) i need a new entry “SPATIAL” for creating a spatial index.

With best regards,

Swen

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think then it would not only apply to ‘geometry’ to all datatypes listed here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/spatial-datatypes.html

There will need to be some logic, so that the option for creating a spatial index ‘greys out’ for indexes on non-spatial datatypes, so it is a little bit non-trivial to add.

Also I really don’t know if multi-column spatial indexes aoe possble, so also some reseach is required. This is not somethng we know very much about.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.