Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

6.0 Beta 4 – Crash On Startup

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions 6.0 Beta 4 – Crash On Startup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I want to use SQLyog for a scheduled export of some tables/fields from an Access database to mysql on a remote server. In theory everything should work just fine, but I'm having an unfortunate series of problems…

Here is what I'm working with:

Windows XP – fully updated

MS Office 2007 Professional Plus Trial

SQLyog 6.0 Beta 4 Enterprise Trial

Nwind.mdb – Access 2000 version

I installed SQLyog before MS Office but I a vague error stating “Import failed…” when trying to do the migration. I thought that perhaps the problem was that I didn't have Access installed on this computer, so I installed MS Office 2007. Now when I launch SQLyog I get to the trial “nag” screen, but as soon as I click “continue” the whole program crashes and creates a dump file. I then thought perhaps I need to re-install SQLyog, but that appears to have made no difference.

Attached is the most recent dump file…

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to get a working example so I can get the full version purchased for this project.

Thanks,

Nathan

Well I have made some “progress.” I uninstalled SQLyog and removed the few remaining files in “Application Data” and “Program Files.” Now I'm back to the point where SQLyog starts up okay, but it fails to import from Northwind.mdb

I continue to try things but so far without much luck. I somehow got a “success” message on my migration, but the table never was created. After that point all I got was the “Import aborted…” message when I tried the migration again. I saved the migration config xml file, but whenever I tried to open/edit it it crashed SQLyog.

I've uninstalled again and I'm going to try the 5.x version to see if it is a version problem. I've attached the files that remain in the Program Files folder after uninstalling. Hopefully it will help someone debug this problem.

Thanks,

Nathan

peterlaursen
      Participant

We are working on the crash thing.

About the Migration trouble. Two questios:

1) Did you unhide the hidden system tables in the Access database. To import Foreign keys you must.

2) Did you select 'abort on error' or not?

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW: you will not need Access installed to use the ODBC driver.

I wonder if Office 2007 replaces the driver when it installs?

If ther is a NorthWind database shipped with this Office 2007 trial, then please try this one as well.

I am no sure taht we can find a Northwind database older than 2002 or 2003.

We will try various combinations now.

I remember very clearly that I imported/migrated the NW database from a Office 2003 system with SQLyog 6.0 beta1 – also on XP SP2.

adarsh

Hello,

Please attach the access file. so that we can reproduce here.

Thanks

Adarsh

AlanChen
      Nathan Anderson wrote on Apr 29 2007, 12:48 AM:
      I want to use SQLyog for a scheduled export of some tables/fields from an Access database to mysql on a remote server. In theory everything should work just fine, but I'm having an unfortunate series of problems…

Here is what I'm working with:

Windows XP – fully updated

MS Office 2007 Professional Plus Trial

SQLyog 6.0 Beta 4 Enterprise Trial

Nwind.mdb – Access 2000 version

I installed SQLyog before MS Office but I a vague error stating “Import failed…” when trying to do the migration. I thought that perhaps the problem was that I didn't have Access installed on this computer, so I installed MS Office 2007. Now when I launch SQLyog I get to the trial “nag” screen, but as soon as I click “continue” the whole program crashes and creates a dump file. I then thought perhaps I need to re-install SQLyog, but that appears to have made no difference.

Attached is the most recent dump file…

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to get a working example so I can get the full version purchased for this project.

Thanks,

Nathan

I think you need to check the mdb file and make sure it is not corrupt. Or you can replace it with your backup. If there is no backup, you can create a new, empty database. Go to File menu-> Get External Data-> Import. Now you can import every valid table. This will give you a clean set of systems tables. If this still doesn't work, you may try some professional services. you can try a utility called Advanced Access Repair to repair your Access MDB file. It works rather well for my corrupt Access MDB files.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.