Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

5.23 Copy All Rows To Clipboard Crashes

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests 5.23 Copy All Rows To Clipboard Crashes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      smine
      Participant

hi! i'm having problems with the clipboard in 5.23 Community. i am running Win2000Pro

1) a query returns 14 rows. i can copy 9 rows of the result, but if i try to Copy All or >= 10 rows, SQLyog immediately closes with no message. the result set has 3 cols, one of which has about 850 bytes in each cell, so 10 rows is ~13K bytes total, but a different query returns 800 rows for a total of ~93Kbytes and Copy All works fine.

2) a different query returns about 50,000 rows for a total of ~18Mbytes. when i try to Copy All, SQLyog says “Could not copy data to clipboard 8:Not enough storage is available to process this command.” but i run the same query in WinSQL and it can copy the results with no problem. i thought this problem was reported fixed in this thread. (i know, some will say “don't copy that much data!” but i sometimes need to do it. :huh:)

note: Export seems to work fine, it's just the copy to clipboard that is failing.

peterlaursen
      Participant

1)

Could you possibly attach a test case for the first situation?  This could be a data specific issue.

Try this:

1) create a table with the 14 rows like “CREATE TABLE mytable SELECT ….”

2) reproduce with that new 'mytable'

3) export that mytable, zip and attach here (or create a ticket if you do not want to expose data in public)

2)

Please try:

1) Open SQLyog and load the table in DATA and/or RESULT tab as you would normally do.   Note that SQLyog uses memory too (depending on your limit setting)!

2) With SQLyog open and data loaded can you still copy with that other tool?

3) Also try close some process using 20 MB of RAM (or more).  Does that make any difference?  How much RAM and Virtual Memory do you have and how much is normally used? 

peterlaursen
      Participant

we have tried to reproduce on 2k (with all SQLyog versions).  We cannot reproduce.

We need sample data from you to do progress.

smine
      Participant

hi!

1) i have attached clipfail.zip. it includes (a) t.xml which is the exported table and (b ) clipfail.avi which is a very short video clip of the failure. NEW INFO! i discovered this morning that it does not fail the first time i copy to clipboard but it does fail the second time. you will see this in the clip. sorry i didn't realize that yesterday. (also, the query result is now 21 rows instead of 14.)

2) before open SQLyog, TaskManager reports 1046600K total and 490800K available. i open SQLyog and run the query that returns 49614 rows. now TaskManager reports 463180K available. i try to Copy All Rows to clipboard, SQLyog says not enough mem. NOTE: Taskmanager now says 505700K available! i open WinSQL and run the query, TaskManager now says 496500K available. i copy to clipboard in WinSQL, it succeeds and TaskManager says 400000K available.

i can give you a short video showing what happens in item (2) like i did for item (1), but i will wait for you to request it since i'm not sure how helpful it will be and i don't want to make this ZIP much larger than it already is.

thanks!

smine
      Participant

hi! just checking to see if i've provided enough info to help diagnose the issue. if you need anything else, please let me know. thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Was it possible that you gave a SQL-dump?

smine
      Participant

hi! the clipfailzip file i provided includes exported table data (named t.xml) that fails. i thought that was what you were asking for. i'm not sure what is a SQL-dump? when i get the failure, SQLyog simply exits, no error message, no dump.

p.s. i tried downloading clipfail.zip from the earlier posting and WinZIP says it is corrupt. i have re-uploaded it with this msg. before uploading, i confirmed that i can successful open clipfail.zip and it contains the same data as the first one i uploaded, so if the first one worked okay for you, there is no need to look at the second one.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We cannot import that XML file!

It says INSERT INTO … SELECT FROM something we do not have!

'Backup as SQL dump' from the table menu of SQLyog, please,

smine
      Participant

the table is a little confusing. the INSERT INTO statement is the data. t.xml was created using SQLyog Table | Export | Export Table Data as XML. the XML has 21 rows with 3 columns named “num” [int(1) unsigned, NOT NULL], “table_name” [varchar(255), NULL] and “query” [longtext, NULL]. the “query” column contains the “INSERT INTO…” and it is data.

the original posting told me to export, which is what i did–i didn't know about the dump. i have now done the SQL-dump and attached it to this posting as table_names.zip. sorry for the confusion! 😕

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.