Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

5.1b4: "building Tags" For Hidden Dbs?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions 5.1b4: "building Tags" For Hidden Dbs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jrossiter

I created a connection that is limited to a single database, but after connecting I see the statusbar messages update with “Building tags file for…” using DBs that are hidden.

This seems like a performance issue.

peterlaursen
      Participant

What is the MySQL version?

Version 3.23 does not hide metadata for hidden data.

Ritesh

jrossiter is kind of correct. We issue SHOW DATABASES to get a list of databases that needs to be used in autocomplete. Prior to v4.1, MySQL returns all the databases irrespective of whether you have access rights on the database or not.

Now if a user has selected some particular database in the connection window, we should use only those databases in rebuilding of the tag files.

I have forwarded this issue to my development team and it will be implemented in BETA 5. I will update this thread once we release BETA 5.

jrossiter

Specifically I was meaning 'hidden' by being listed on the Database(s) portion of the connection dialog. Hidden by the app, not by SQL permissions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.