Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

5.1 Beta5: Application Hang

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests 5.1 Beta5: Application Hang

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      webtask

SQLYog 5.1 BETA hang after it trying to connect to MySQL 5.0.18 installed on the same computer. Connection string: localhost, pass, port 3306, database: empty or mydatabase. WindowsXP Pro SP2. When I test connection – ok, test passed. When I press Connect – app hang.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Did you reboot your PC after SQLyog was installed?

We just had another similar situation where this did the trick!

(this is only an experiece – not an explanation!)

Did you try SQLyog 5.02? Any problems here?

nicmar

I also had this, reported in another thread.

Today I was browsing some tables on an external DB, when I clicked a new table, the program shut down, i tried to start again and connect to the same DB, app hang. Forced shut down and tried again on localhost, hang.

Shut down again and tried for the 3rd time on the external DB, and now it worked again.

No PC reboot. Weird, and annoying.

hope this helps!

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      i tried to start again and connect to the same DB … etc …and tried for the 3rd time on the external DB, and now it worked again.

Looks like 'it' tries to use an (old) client thread that is no longer available and not create a new one.

If so I think 'it' must be the server! If server refused connection SQLyog would report that. However Server does neither refuse or allow connection. Nothing happens .. and SQLyog just waits and waits as it has not been told to quit.

If I remember details right this has only occured with the most recent MySQL server versions (5.0.18 and 5.0.19 for instance?). Could be a server issue, that Server assigns the connection to a thread that cannot be used. Some kind of concurrency issue with the server code itself and the most recent builds???

Just a guess …

Ritesh

By any chance are you using SSH connection?

webtask
      Ritesh wrote on Apr 5 2006, 11:28 AM:
      By any chance are you using SSH connection?

No

Ritesh

Did you try the latest BETA i.e. BETA 7?

We fixed couple of HTTP Tunnel issue with it.

webtask

BETA7 works ! Thank you!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.