Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

3rd (quite Critical) 6.0 Beta 1 Problem: Memory Leak

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions 3rd (quite Critical) 6.0 Beta 1 Problem: Memory Leak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      vygi

Hello guys,

I am using beta 1 for few days; since Saturday it was opened with 3 connections to 2 different servers and 2 to 4 query + result tabs in each.

Few minutes ago I have started one query in one connection and switched to another to run another one. When it was finished, I have tried to copy results (about 120 rows) to clipboard… and SQLyog has crashed. Windows dialog appeared at same time saying that the system is totally out of memory and pagefile has been increased.

Now I have restarted it again, and after few requests it occupies 62 Meg or RAM, although everything sc losed (no single connection, only gray background).

Now I have closed it again and started once again. Actually it has 4424 KB (“Private Bytes”).

With every “copy all rows to clipboard” (100 rows in the result tab), it adds more than 1 MB and does not release when I close connection.

Another 200+ KB comes with every opening+closing of any connection to the database and with every “SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 100”: 4x “F5” (run same select query 5 times) adds more than 1 MB, and closing tabs and connections does not help at all.

Sorry but I have to re-install 5.x again and can continue to test 6.0 only after these two latest bugs (memory leak and “copy to clipboard” delimiters) are fixed.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Are there any (LONG)BLOBs in the data that you copied?

vygi
      peterlaursen wrote on Mar 27 2007, 04:02 AM:
      Are there any (LONG)BLOBs in the data that you copied?

Nope; no one single BLOB or TEXT column, only a couple of numbers, datetime fields and varchars.

Also note that memory consumption grows even with every connect/disconnect (I guess, no matter which databases/tables are on server) and on every refresh (F5) of any SELECT query.

Let me know if you have further questions but remember that I have to remove the 6.0 from my PC, so no new info can be provided.

Bikas
      vygi wrote on Mar 27 2007, 09:45 AM:
      Nope; no one single BLOB or TEXT column, only a couple of numbers, datetime fields and varchars.

Also note that memory consumption grows even with every connect/disconnect (I guess, no matter which databases/tables are on server) and on every refresh (F5) of any SELECT query.

Let me know if you have further questions but remember that I have to remove the 6.0 from my PC, so no new info can be provided.

Hello,

We have identified the problem, it might have happened while coding for UNICODE.

We are in the process of reviewing the code and will fix it in couple of days.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.