Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

3.6 DataBase Sync Tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      hxe

Hi,

Does that upcoming version 3.6 support scheduled ODBC-import or only mysql-mysql synchronization? If, this is my going to be my tool!

I really need to schedule ODBC-import somehow!

Shadow

No it doesn't. Currently only MySql to MySql sync can be scheduled.

Lysia

I just found this post, although I have just asked a similar question in another forum. So is this information accurate as of Nov. 3? There is no way to automate an ODBC import from MSSQL into MySQL using SQLyog?

Ritesh

Nope.

This feature is planned for SQLyog Max.

Lysia

Thanks for the info. I know that SQLyog just had an upgrade, but is there any e.t.a. on when SQLMax will be available?

In the meantime, I've been advised to try to create a VB script to automate it myself. Has anybody tried that, and if so were you successful? Any advice on this process would be welcome, since I am new to VB.

Shadow

Well, such script may not be that difficult to write…

First of all, make sure that you have an ODBC driver for MySql installed. If not, download the latest from MySql.com. Then get yourself aquainted with ADO. Finally, all you need to do is to write a script that connects to the MS SQL Server and to the MySql server, and loads the data from one to the other.

I suggest you to write the program in Visual Studio because of its debugging capabilities!

Lysia

Thanks for the tips. We do have the latest MySQL ODBC driver loaded; I use the ODBC import wizard that comes with SQLyog, and it works just fine. The issue is that I still have to manually come in and transform the tables every morning. That is why I want to write a script that automates this process, so that I don't have to do it every morning!

If I write a script, will I be able to manipulate the data transfer the same way the ODBC import wizard does currently? What I mean is, right now I have to select the tables I want to import, then transform them so that the rows are deleted from the destination tables. The ODBC import wizard takes care of this, it's just I have to go through and tansform every table I want to upload, and then run the process. I've attached a screenshot of what I mean, in case you are not familiar with the ODBC import wizard.

I appreciate everyone's help… calling India for technical support isn't exactly easy…

Lysia

By the way, I've noticed that the attachment didn't go thru… I'll try attaching it again.

Shadow

Of course, you'll be able to do whatever you want (you can manipulate the data using SQL commands)! You may even add features to the script/app that SQLyog doesn't have. It's up to your imagination and programming abilities!

If you mean that you need to delete ALL rows from the destination table in MySql prior the import, then the TRUNCATE TABLE command is what you are looking for! Lot faster than DELETE FROM table_name command (drops and recreates the table), but has a few drawbacks. See MySql manual for details.

If you need to delete specific rows only, then you'll have to create parametrized DELETE commands, though.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.