Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

1-2 Sec Delay When Executing Query

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog 1-2 Sec Delay When Executing Query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      akadna

Each time we perform a query, there is a delay of 1-2 seconds before even a simple query return a result.

A simple queries like SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 1; hangs for 1-2 seconds before the result appears.

If you press the “Table Data” tab, the data is displayed immediately without any delay.

We are experiencing this problem on 4 different computers. We are using Windows 7 (64 bit) and SQLYog v. 11.01 (64 bit) (Trial)

Are we the only ones who experience the problem?

We enjoy using SQLYog, but the delay it's kind of a show stopper for us: (

sathish

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce this at our end. Could you please create a private support ticket by sending a mail to [email protected]

Thrawg

Just to add another data point I've noticed this with the latest version (11.01 running on Windows 8 with MySQL 5.5.28) came to the forums to see if anyone else has noticed it. Status line will say 0.001sec for a very simple query but there will be a delay before SQLyog runs the query of about 1 second, never used to happen.

Jan.S

@Thrawg

Are you using the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version of SQLyog? Is this behavior seen in both?

Thrawg

Jan, I was using the 64 bit version, just installed the 32 bit version and the behaviour isn't replicated, query runs instantly on pressing F9.

Jan.S

@thrawg and @akadna

how much RAM do you have? We are looking into this, but it is not reproducible an any of our systems.

Also could you let us know which processors you are using?

Thrawg

Jan: Intel i7-3770 with 16GB Ram.

Jan.S

@thrawg: We have a build that works on our test machine where we were able to reproduce this. If you would be willing to test the build, you can create a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected] , and we will give you the link to the test build. Also please let us know which version of SQLyog you are using.

Thrawg

@Jan: I just downloaded version 11.1.0-2 to double check the issue before emailing support and the issue appears to have resolved itself, both the 32bit and 64bit versions of the client respond immediately. To make sure that I'm not mad and the last month or so hasn't been a figment of my imagination I uninstalled and re-installed the previous 2 versions I download to try and replicate the issue again. Unfortunately using SQLyog-11.0.1-0.x64 and SQLyog-11.0.0-2.x64 I couldn't reproduce the error, this suggests a change to my environment but I can't really recall anything, the issue just started a couple of versions ago after an update.

Thrawg

OK, I remembered a change I made, I updated the max_allowed_packet setting in MySQL, was too low so I increased it to 128M. I went back and reverted this value to the default and restarted MySQL, the delay has returned for the 64bit client even after returning the value to 128M, I'll email support to test the test build.

Jan.S

We have released 11.11 which should not have this issue. You can read the release notes and download from http://blog.webyog.com/

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.