Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Don´t Save Connections

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Sqlyog Don´t Save Connections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      hellmongo0

Sqlyog don´t save connections. It seems lite i´m missing the sqlyog.ini file after install.

Why is that? Any ideas?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please tell the SQLyog version and the Windows version!

Starting from version 6.06 sqlog.ini is saved in user's 'application data' folder (and where that is depends on whether the Windows is Vista or an earlier windows version).

Are you telling that the dropdown of the connections manager does not display a list of saved connections?

hellmongo0
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 3 2007, 08:43 AM:
      Please tell the SQLyog version and the Windows version!

Starting from version 6.06 sqlog.ini is saved in user's 'application data' folder (and where that is depends on whether the Windows is Vista or an earlier windows version).

Are you telling that the dropdown of the connections manager does not display a list of saved connections?

I'm using SQLyog 6.06 and mySQL server 5.0 on XP.

Exactly, the dropdown of the connections manager does not display a list of saved connections.

peterlaursen
      Participant

First please try to find the sqlyog.ini file in users /application data/sqlyog folder and view it in an editor! No sections of the file like [connetcion …] ?

If for instance you enable/disable another option like 'word-wrap' doesn't that have effect? I think we should first find out if the file is created and updated!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Also is 'simple file sharing' on or off on that system?

Did you use any program or 'tweak' modfiying permissions?

hellmongo0
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 3 2007, 09:03 AM:
      First please try to find the sqlyog.ini file in users /application data/sqlyog folder and view it in an editor! No sections of the file like [connetcion …] ?

If for instance you enable/disable another option like 'word-wrap' doesn't that have effect? I think we should first find out if the file is created and updated!

The mysql.ini file is completely empty…

peterlaursen
      Participant

please confirm that you mean sqlyog.ini , not mysql.ini!

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) if you upgraded from a previous version there should be a backup file in the installation folder. You you replace the sqlyog.ini in 'AppData' folder what will happen? You will see old connection details, but can you add new ones

2) I also think there might be an issue with the user account. Could you try creating a new user, log on as this one and see if problems persist?

hellmongo0
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 3 2007, 10:35 AM:
      1) if you upgraded from a previous version there should be a backup file in the installation folder. You you replace the sqlyog.ini in 'AppData' folder what will happen? You will see old connection details, but can you add new ones

2) I also think there might be an issue with the user account. Could you try creating a new user, log on as this one and see if problems persist?

I unchecked simple filesharing and i meant sqlyog.ini. Still no saved connections

peterlaursen
      Participant

First let me explain what I meant by 'simple filesharing'! By UNCHECKING it you will have more detailed options to define privileges to folders and files than if it is CHECKED. You or some program could then accidentially have changed something related to write privileges to part of the file system for this user.

Still you did not answer:

1) did you have an earlier version installed? Did you find the backup of sqlyog.ini and did you try to replace it?

2) did you try if problem is the same for another user?

I can tell that several thousand copies of version 6.06 has been downloaded. We have no similar reports and did not encounter this on any of the around 20 systems that we have ourselves.

There must be some special reason/issue! If you have this option please also try installing on another system.

eclairdev

I have same problem – I ugraded from 6.05 trial to 6.07 enterprise (buy 1 lic.) and cannot save connections and configuration. Configuration file sqlyog.ini is created, but is empty (or when I copy old sqlyog.ini to new location in app. data directory it's ignored).

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Czech with SP2 and all updates. Path to app. data dir. is C:Documents and Settings[username]Data aplikacíSQLyog (it's Czech edition). Older versions of SQLyog with sqlyog.ini in C:Program FilesSQLyog were working correctly.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I never saw 'Application Data' folder localized before (like 'Data aplikací'). 'Program Files' is almost always localized, but 'Application Data' most often not (for instance not in Dansih).

I am sorry but we will only be able to check these details with the code on Monday. Until then you will have to live with it or reinstall 6.05.

But you may try if you can create the “…Application Datasqlyog” parallel to “…Data aplikacísqlyog” and copy the file.

eclairdev

I tried to mkdir “Application Data” and move SQLyog settings directory into it, but it's ignoring and SQLyog create new SQLyog directory under “Data aplikací”. I created other user profile, but it's the same.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Thanks for trying and thanks for the information.

We will analyze on Monday.

I have the same problem! I have tried using both Sqlyog community 6.07 and Sqlyog enterprise trial 6.07 (upgrade from community 6.05) with the same result – it doesn't save any connections.

WinXP Home Czech

Czech version of winxp DOESN'T have directory

“C:Documents and Settings[username]Application Data”

but

“C:Documents and Settings[username]Data aplikací”. I think that's the problem…

File “C:Documents and Settings[username]Data aplikacíSQLyogSQLyog.ini” exists, but is empty.

Unfortunately, your site doesn't provide download of previous version. I'm not able to make a downgrade 🙁

If you want, I can help you with testing, just let me now on my email…

Thanks

peterlaursen
      Participant

there seems to be a special issue with Czech locale.

We verified now that nothins is hardcoded, we only issue WIN 32 API calls like

(SHGetFolderPath(NULL, CSIDL_APPDATA, NULL, 0, fullpath) to get the APPDATA path.

However when we

if(SUCCEEDED(SHGetFolderPath(NULL, CSIDL_APPDATA, NULL, 0, fullpath))) fullpathstr.SetAs(fullpath);

.. there is no 'else' … so we do not 'catch' such exceptions at the moment!

We will soon provide either

* a binary that does some logging

* or a simple commandline program printing the output of the API calls, so that we can wee what goes wrong!

If possible we will also install a Czech WinXP ourselves. We have a Microsoft subscription for ISV's and have more than 100 DVD's with software .. Czech XP is probably there.

5.32 COMMUNITY can be downloaded from:

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/SQLyog532.exe

If you use ENTERPRISE, please create a ticket and I will give the 5.32 link and registration details for you.

manohar

Let's start here.

Unzip the attached file. A folder with an .exe inside is resulting.

Just doubleclick the .exe

It will build two files in that folder “check.txt” and “log.txt”, and it will attempt to copy “check.txt” to … {AppData}SQlyog folder.

Please

1) attach “log.txt” Generated here.

eclairdev

I run CopyToLog, it creates file C:Documents and Settings[username]Data aplikacíSQLyogchek.txt which contains 16B. Log is attached.

peterlaursen
      Participant

thanks ..

Maybe your .ini is too big?

Maybe some silly issue with .ini type?

@Manohar
      .. ideas?

peterlaursen
      Participant

@eclairdev

Would you mind creating a ticket and attach your sqlyog.ini? (please zip).

Maybe some silly issue with the content of the file!

eclairdev

Created ticket #3250 with attached SQLyog.ini. With 6.05 it is working ok, 6.07 is ignoring this file (copied to C:Documents and SettingsondraData aplikacíSQLyog).

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK .. thanks got it.

But what you are saying is that the file gets copied. But it is ignored/not used.

Please confirm (and my apology for slow understanding if it is the case!)

eclairdev

Yes, you are right, SQLyog.ini is ignored. SQLyog 6.07 is doing only one action with this file – if the file is missing, it is created with 0 size and nothing is saved into it.

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is the letter 'í' in 'C:Documents and SettingsondraData aplikací' that causes the problem.

It will also fail with username 'jörn', 'andrè' etc.

ASCII/UTF8 mismatch with accented characters in file path!

Not enough time today to verify the fix, but 99% that we got it fixed in the code!

peterlaursen
      Participant

could you please confirm the fix for the localized AppData path with SQLyog 6.1 beta1?

eclairdev

Unfortunately 6.1 beta1 is not working correct on my system. After installation, SQLyog.ini was copied from “C:Program FilesSQLyog Enterprise” to “C:Documents and SettingsondraData aplikacíSQLyog” but connection list was empty again and configuration file content completely ignored. And when I delete SQLyog.ini, it was created with zero size – same as with 6.07 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant

my mistake!

this fix had not finished testing and was not 'pushed' into beta1. We expect it in beta2

asllad

The connections still not saved for me with the beta 2. 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant

sorry .. i should have posted here.

No it was not included in beta2 either.

Current plans say beta3 tomorrow or Monday.

peterlaursen
      Participant

finally we were able to release beta3

http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=3545

Please verify the fix for this!

eclairdev

Beta3 is working correct! SQLyog.ini is in “Data aplikací” and I am able to change connections and save it.

Thank you very much 🙂

jordan

Yes, we should first find out if the file is created and updated!

jordan

I have the same problem! I have tried using it. <_<

peterlaursen
      Participant

@jordan

did you try 6.1 beta3?

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.