Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Slow Export To Csv

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Slow Export To Csv

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      the_wizzkid

Version 4.01 (I know, very old, but still in use as of good export speed…) is Much faster than the newer Versions. I didn't track it, but i think Verison 6 was already much slower when exporting Big result sets – even to Lokal Disk.

Here in short: Resultset with 91.000 Adressdata – Usual Zip, Street, city, etc, Name (2 Lines), and Contact Person Names (up to 4):

On the same PC, same Local Disk, same Exportsettings to CSV.

SQLyog 4.01: 14 Seconds.

SQLyog Ultimate 8.32: 9 Minutes and 5 seconds.

Here are the exact measurements, and you'll see that as more data there is, the slower it goes. It seems if it would go through the whole written file for each single line over and over again…?

Old Version:

Datasets: Export to Local: Export to Fileshare: Difference in time for each 20.000 Datasets:

SQLyog 4.01: 91.000 14 Sec 8 Minutes

SQLyog Ultimate 8.32: 91.000 9min 5 Sec same 3min35sec

SQLyog Ultimate 8.32: 70.000 5min30 Sec same 2min40sec

SQLyog Ulitmate 8.32: 50.000 2min50 Sec same 1min45sec

SQLyog Ulitmate 8.32: 30.000 65 Sec same 55sec

SQLyog Ulitmate 8.32: 10.000 10 Sec same None

So:

In the new Version, it doesn't matter if you export to Local or fileshare, both are slow. The old version is slowing down when writing to fileshare, and is almost as slow as the new version. As more you write as slower it takes for the same amout of data (See the 20.000 datasets – 20000 DS writeing a total of 30000 takes 55 Seconds, Writeing a total of 91000, each 20000 DS take 3 Min 35 Sec…

By the way, export to EXCEL XML is not faster either.

I hope there is an easy way to speed it up. I remember it was said, that with Version 8 there would be an increadible speed up when exporting…

Otherwise i'm still very happy with SQLyog- best product around, and getting still better (almost) each new Version.

Martin B.

nithin

Ourselves we don't have any 4.x versions to verify this. But for us recent versions are much faster than v5.32. That could be a data specific issue or an issue with a specific datatype. So could you share the table?

Please create a support ticket from below link, there we can discuss about this issue in detail

http://www.webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.