Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Index Types In Pull-Down Menu

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Index Types In Pull-Down Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      regex
      Participant

Hi, not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but this behavior seems strange to me.

For InnoDB tables (it might be the same for other engines),

1. When CREATING an index, the pull-down menu gives a choice between UNIQUE, FULLTEXT and PRIMARY.

–> First, a digression: I am curious about why the FULLTEXT option is shown, as the mySQL documentation says it only works with MyISAM.

–> But that's not my main question. At this stage, SQLyog ALLOWS me to select NO option for the index. Great.

2. In the next step, when ALTERING an index, if it's a UNIQUE or PRIMARY index, the pull-down menu gives no option for the “no option” index that was offered in step 1. The pull-down menu again offers UNIQUE, PRIMARY or FULLTEXT, but not “regular”. So if I want to go from a UNIQUE index to a regular index, I have to destroy the index and create it again.

Am I missing something? This has been puzzling me for a while and I thought I would finally ask.

I hope my explanation was clear, maybe I am not understanding something.

Thanks for the beautiful software. Asking a few questions this week because I am finally getting down to reading the manual from start to finish. wink.png

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.