Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Ideas From Heidi

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Ideas From Heidi

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      regex
      Participant

Everytime I express my love for SQLyog, someone brings up HeidiSQL.

I hadn’t looked at Heidi in a while, so I’ve just updated my comparison of SQLyog and HeidiSQL. Heidi has improved a lot, but the two programs are still on completely different levels.

While I would never want to switch my beloved SQLyog for Heidi, there were a few features that seemed interesting, so I thought I would share them here as a source of potential ideas for future releases.

1. Writing Queries: Element Selector Box

Check out the box on the right. When you write a query, you can click a name to drop a standard MySQL function or keyword.

You can also click table names and columns (but that’s also in SQLyog).

I don’t know, maybe our autocomplete is good enough?

14lkghl.jpg

2. Keyboard Shortcuts

I know, I’ve complained about this several times on this forum, sorry if you’re sick of hearing about it. 🙂

It’s just that as an addict to shortcuts, the ability to customize key bindings is awesome.

shortcuts.png

3. Server Information

In SQLyog’s Info panel we can see a server’s Status and Variables.

I thought it was prety cool that in addition to that, Heidi has at your fingertips:

– Command statistics

– Processes (and you can kill a process)

That’s it!

I tried to take a thorough look, but I may have missed something. Please add if there’s something else in HeidiSQL that seems like it could be worthwhile for us.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.