Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Http-tunelling Problems With Php 5.2.1

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Http-tunelling Problems With Php 5.2.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

This is just an information and a warning for users that use SQLyog with HTTP tunnel.

I updated PHP from 5.2.0 to 5.2.1 recently on my Windows Vista workstation.  At the same time I upgraded Apache to 2.2.4.  After that I had problems with establishing HTTP-tunnel with SQLyog 6.0 beta (no problems with 5.x).  I reported this in our organisation yesterday morning and we started researching on this.

Now php.net released a 'rather critical' update in both the 5.2.x and 4.4.x tree earlier today.  After installing PHP 5.2.2 I have no problems anymore with neither SQLyog 5.29, 5.30, 6.0 beta 4, and the latest internal (non_released) 6.0 build.

I am not aware if this problem occurs on all platforms and 'dialects' – maybe only Windows Vista is affected – and maybe only in combination with that specific Apache version!  We will try to find out more details.  

Any user having experienced the same or a similar issue is very welcome to report here combinations of OS, 'OS dialect', webserver, PHP and SQLyog versions that works, respectively does not work with HTTP-tunnel!  That will assist us in this research! But please ONLY information here about recent programs versions of all kinds! And only when it is documented that certain combinations of software versions give different results. Just post as you always would do, with any other HTTP related issue …

The advice at this point of time: omit the use of PHP 5.2.1 and use 5.2.2 instead.  Same advice could possibly also apply to PHP 4.4.6 vs. 4.4.7!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.