Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Idea: Do you want to save?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Idea: Do you want to save?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      the_wizzkid

I often have very long and complicated queries, and forget to save them when existing at time. Especially when i got more then 1 connection open. It would be a nice thing to be asked, wether to save the query before existing or not. (Or may be only if one has already an opened query. or as general option).

peterlaursen
      Participant
      the_wizzkid

Now I saw it, but it doesn't say anything about wanting to save the query, if you close it… Or did I read too fast?

Shadow

Nope, it does not. That thread merely contains some brainstorming about personal folders. To be honest, my SQL window is usually polluted with all kinds of SQL statements that do not need to be saved. Besides, how do you want SQLyog to save the contents of SQL window? All queries in a single file? Each query in a separate? No, I don't think this is such a good idea…

the_wizzkid

Got it, I sould have used the other topic- sorry…

For right now, I'm saving each in a single File. Is not the best solution, but at least I find it when needed.

I through most of the Queries away at the end of day, but there are quite some which I need more often each week and I don't want to write them all over again each time… And that's the point – I'm writing a big one, taking some time of trying and than I got to do some other urgent query, then turn back to my big query. And after other 5 interuptions and another 50 lines of to-be-thrown-away-queries I forget about the query at the top- my 30 minutes of writing and getting tables and fields together are gone!

So, it might be bothering getting a Save? question at the end, but if it's only for those queries I saved already of opened, it would help a lot… by the way, my junior has the same problems…

Shadow

No, you should not have used the other topic, you were only pointed to that one…

I still don't get it! Why can't you save those frequently needed queries to your personal folder?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.