Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Database Sync Stopping

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Database Sync Stopping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      maxhugen
      Participant

On a Win10 development machine, I lost a hard drive (D) where I keep MySQL data.

After replacing the drive and restoring my local backup dumps, I tried to sync data for 3 databases from a server to my local db.

Now I’m having problems during the sync: for ‘larger’ tables (10-100k records) the sync sometimes just stops. I’ve checked the sja.log but there is no information there, and also the MySQL err.log – nothing there either.

When the sync stops, I’ve tried syncing just the table at which the [Sync all tables] stops. Watching the ‘Target’ messages in the Wizard, I see msgs flashing such as “updating row xxx”, then after doing that for a while, the sync stops, unfinished, but with no msg as to why.

If I repeat the process of syncing just that one table, it eventually gets through it. It can take 1-5 attempts to complete.

It seems to sometimes occur when a table has to update 3-5k records, but some tables seem to go OK even though updating 12k records etc.

I’ve checked my Internet connection using SpeedTest, but as far as I can tell it seems OK.

The sync functionality is quite critical for me, as I need to sync 3 dbs every day, whilst I develop apps, so if anyone can offer ANY suggestions I’d be most grateful.

Cheers, Max Hugen

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.