Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copying A Db To Another Host(Or Local) Using Sja

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Copying A Db To Another Host(Or Local) Using Sja

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  norgo 2 years ago.

• Author

norgo

I was wondering if there was a way to copy a database (all tables) using SJA

We have table structures that change often, where a sync might not work all the time, and was wondering if there was a SJA option which works like the GUI method where we can “Drop if exist in target”

Many Thanks,

NORGO

peterlaursen
    Participant

No there is not currently.

We do have requests for a non-attended/non-interactive 'mode' of Schema Sync integrated in SJA (either as a separate job type or as an option combined with Data Sync or both), refer http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=560 .

I cannot promise any priority of this. We will priortize next major features after relasing 10.1 in 1-2 weeks.

norgo

Hi, Just wondering if this topic has ever been reviewed or is on a path to become available.

Again to reiterate It would be great to do something like this with SJA

1. backup local DB

2. backup remote DB

3. Copy remote DB wiping out local DB (just like Copy Database with drop as your go Command in the GUI program)

4. Do changes, testing etc…

5. Copy local DB wiping out remote DB.

With Drupal, the DB's tables are always changing, and this for many sites would would so useful, i.e. if it can become a part of SJA.

In the meantime, I do appreciate this product. Keep up the great work!

peterlaursen
    Participant

Can't you use Data Sync? If not, why not?

norgo

the table structures change often and the sync does not accommodate that unless that has been changed recently?

Specifically we would like to use SJA to automate this.

For now, we manually copy the DB using the webyog interface.

Thanks

Just to add since I was curious as to changes….

I tried using SJA to sync 2 DBs. One table had a structure difference and the sync stopped, HOWEVER, after emptying the target DB before the sync, it worked perfectly.

Possibly there is a way that SJA can empty the target first?

peterlaursen
    Participant

Yes there is such workaround.

You may use the 'SQL Scheduler and Reporting Tool' to execute DROP TABLE statement(s), next Data Sync to sync.

Finally build a batch file like described here: http://faq.webyog.com/content/27/35/en/can-i-execute-more-sja-jobs-at-the-same-time.html.

the batch file can be scheduled manually from the Windows Scheduler interface.

norgo

While this solution does work, it is often that we need to add new tables to the script

i.e. DROP TABLE IF EXISTS…  now @ 568 tables for Drupal applications

NOTE: This is only to add a wish to my wishlist i.e. a SJA command to Empty DB first vs the extra step/script of Dropping Each table…  then doing a Sync which adds all data and structure.

Thanks for the continued support + excellent product.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.