Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Comapre Tebles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Yakasai

i was trying to find out if 2 tables are identical or different in two different databases, in the same host. using schema synchronization tool. All i see is just two tables after synchronization complete. i expect to see an analysis or columns of each table displayed at both sides but i didn't see any thing, pls can some body tell me how i can see the result and where? am just a beginner.

thanks

peterlaursen
      Participant

Did you click the 'Compare Now' button after selecting the 2 databases (source and target)?  If  'Compare Now' does not generate a sync script the databases are identical.

peterlaursen
      Participant

My reply was not complete/correct.

After 'Compare' you will have to select in the left pane (using the checkboxes) which objects need to be synced.  If you have 'hide identical' checked the pane will display empty.

nithin

I will elaborate little if you still have the problem.

Quote:
      All i see is just two tables after synchronization complete

As I understood you have many tables in Source and Target and after you 'Compare' Schemasync tree-view shows only two tables. This is because schema sync identified all other table's schema is same for both source and target.

If you like to see all tables including identical-schema tables, do the following:-

i) Select both source & target databases

ii) Un-check all the check-boxes in the right pane under section “Hide and Ignore Objects” (For you case you must un-check the option “Identical”)

iii) Click on 'Compare button.

Please see the screen-shot attached.

nithin

The screen-shot attached.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.