Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Change Column Order In Query Builder?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Change Column Order In Query Builder?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  limex 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

limex

Hi,

is there an easy way to change the order of the columns in the lower part of the query builder?

Draging of the column – as I would expect based on the experience from other similar tools – doesnt work.

Regards

ashwin

You can sort the columns like this(Quoting from the Help file)-

Quote:
    Once the tables are dragged into the canvas and the JOINs properly set up start selecting the columns that shall be included with the RESULT of the query. There are three ways to do this:

Selecting the table and the column in the GRID by using the drop-downs for 'table' and 'column'.

Dragging a column from the canvas into the GRID. This (data) column will be added before the (GRID) column where you pull it.

Double-clicking a column of a table in the canvas. The column will be added at the end/right of the GRID.

limex

Thanks for the answer. But I was not talking about the ways of ADDING columns to the GRID. That is documented and that is working fine.

I was talking about MOVING the position ( “left”, “right”) of a column that IS ALREADY IN THE GRID.

You understand that it is very annoing to delete a column with many settings like sort, group, criteria out of the list just to drag in the column from the CANVAS to the new position + adding the same settings for sort, group, criteria, … again.

I would expect that feature from SQLyog. Even MS Access can handle that 😉

ashwin

Okay. We have the request in our issue-tracker here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1487

We will schedule this according to priority.

limex

biggrin.png awesome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.