Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

[Bug] View Copied Over From Database As Table

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests [Bug] View Copied Over From Database As Table

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Elrinth

SQLyog Community Edition version: 8.4

Source mysql server: 5.0.67-log (win2k3 server)

Target mysql server: 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.1 (ubuntu)

So I create an empty database at the target mysql server.

Then I right click the database I want to copy on the source mysql server and choose “Copy Database to Different Host/Server…”.

* I let all Object(s) be ticked

* I choose structure and data

* I choose Drop if exists in target

* in the dropdown I select the empty database on the target mysql server.

The result is a query which never finishes, it locks at views. So I CTRL ALT DELETE and shut off SQLyog.

Then when I fire up SQLyog again and check the target database, the tables and stored procedures are all there like they should be.

However, the views are empty, they are made in the Tables folder instead. Does anyone know why?

peterlaursen
      Participant

We are checking this.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Is is not reproducible.  It looks like an issue with your server.  Could you try to copy with a similar test case in the other direction once? Also check if you dump fromand import to will that work OK?

However there may be a bug only materializing with a specific structure.  So a structure-only dump of your exact case would be nice (create a support ticket if you do not want to post it  here).

Also if server general log is enabled on can you tell the last statement recorded here?

Elrinth
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '06:

Is is not reproducible.  It looks like an issue with your server.  Could you try to copy with a similar test case in the other direction once? Also check if you dump fromand import to will that work OK?

However there may be a bug only materializing with a specific structure.  So a structure-only dump of your exact case would be nice (create a support ticket if you do not want to post it  here).

Also if server general log is enabled on can you tell the last statement recorded here?

I don't think I'll be able to provide the actual database in question as it contains alot of valuable data, but I can try to do a copy on the same server.

Another question: Why do I get:

SELECT command denied to user 'theUser'@'my.ip.add.ress' for table 'proc'

I've clicked manage privilegies, selected theUser@% in the dropdown. Ticked all boxes (which should have a CTRL/ALT selection option for many) on the main top window. selected procedure/function and ticked every single box there.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I did not ask for data.  I asked for a structure-only dump.

peterlaursen
      Participant

As regards the error “SELECT command denied to user 'theUser'@'my.ip.add.ress' for table 'proc'” read this FAQ:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/content/26/175/en/i-have-full-privileges-to-a-database-but-cannot-alter-a-routine-why.html

Elrinth
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '06:

I did not ask for data.  I asked for a structure-only dump.

That I can fix however 😉

nithin

Hello,

Also Please verify few more things.

– In copy database dialog will you able to expand 'Views' folder?

– Execute this query against source database and tell the status:

show full tables from `database_name` where Table_type = 'view'

Regards

Nithin

Elrinth
      'nithin' wrote on '06:

Hello,

Also Please verify few more things.

– In copy database dialog will you able to expand 'Views' folder?

– Execute this query against source database and tell the status:

show full tables from `database_name` where Table_type = 'view'

Regards

Nithin

* yes I can see all the views there properly

* The query you provided shows the views properly on the source. Tables_in_database_name and Table_type shows all the views properly and the type is VIEW.

How do I deliver the SQL dump?

nithin

Please create a support ticket from below link, and attach the dump there. If the dump is big we will give our 'yoursendit' credentials so you could attach the dump from there. (Also we may provide you some special binary to verify the problem)

http://www.webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi

Thank you

Nitin

Elrinth
      'nithin' wrote on '07:

Please create a support ticket from below link, and attach the dump there. If the dump is big we will give our 'yoursendit' credentials so you could attach the dump from there. (Also we may provide you some special binary to verify the problem)

http://www.webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi

Thank you

Nitin

Done:

http://www.webyog.com/support/ttx.cgi?cmd=ticket&key=9456Z1726483554072669643

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.