Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Bug Schema Designer Doesn't Keep Track Of Changes To Tables Rename

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Bug Schema Designer Doesn't Keep Track Of Changes To Tables Rename

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      astrochase

I'm using 8.71 trial. If I rename a table using the object browser, the schema designer doesn't keep track of these changes and will raise error messages about tables not existing upon saving, and when reloading the schema XML file, the error message “Error in CREATE table statement” which necessitates manually editing the schema file. I'm guessing this is a bug as the schema designer should keep track of name changes made in the object browser.

Thanks,

Matt

Aparna

Hi Matt,

The schema designer is designed not to keep track of the table name changes and hence will raise error messages about tables not existing upon saving. But the bug here is that SQLyog saves the schema XML in spite of throwing the error message and this will be rectified. So henceforth if the tables are renamed/dropped after being loaded into the schema designer, SQLyog will throw an error message while saving the tables and will not save the tables as well.

Regards,

Aparna.

nithin

This issue has been fixed internally as described in last post. It will be included into the next public release.

Aparna

Hi,

We have released SQLyog 8.8 Beta1 with this fix.

Please refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/01/04/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-8-beta-1-released/

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Regards,

Aparna.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.