Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Trying to use the DB Synchro Wizard

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Trying to use the DB Synchro Wizard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ianblackford

Hi,

I'm evaluating the latest realease and my major need is to be able to schedule a DB synchronise between two databases.

What I have done is this, I have MySQL installed on my PC and I have created a db and a duplicate db in it. I have then enabled the table and all the fields in the permisions tab with a username and password, but when I run the wizzard and save the resulting schedule it doesn't do it. I get something momentarily flash on the screen at the alloted time but no snchro.

Anybody got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

TIA

Ian

Ritesh

Pls. send us the contents of the sja.log file created in the SQLyog installation folder.

Ritesh
      Quote:
      save the resulting schedule

BTW, are you just saving the schedule in a XML file or running the scheduler?

You have to select “RUN IMMEDIATELY…” in the wizard.

ianblackford
      Ritesh wrote on Oct 21 2003, 03:40 AM:
      Pls. send us the contents of the sja.log file created in the SQLyog installation folder.

Will do!

ianblackford
      Ritesh wrote on Oct 21 2003, 04:36 AM:
      Quote:
      save the resulting schedule

BTW, are you just saving the schedule in a XML file or running the scheduler?

You have to select “RUN IMMEDIATELY…” in the wizard.

I'm using the option to 'Save and Schedule it' This creates the XML file and takes me to the Scheduler to specify the time I want it to run.

Why should I select run Immediately?

Ritesh

I thought you were just saving the XML file. What you are doing is correct. Absolutely no issues with that!!!!

qstoodley

I too had this problem initially. When I went to the command prompt and ran it manually it wasn't finding the XML file. The problem was that I had spaces in the file and directory names.

Putting double quotes around the full path of the XML file (the same way it is done for the EXE file” should fix your problem.

Regards,

Quent.

Concorde Computers

jayson_13

HI,

I am using the sync tools also. But the schdeled task did not start as expected. Below is the configuration of my scheduled task.

Run : “C:Program FilesSQLyogsja.exe” C:bk.xml

Start in : “C:Program FilesSQLyog”

the xml file is located in c drive . C:bk.xml

i even try to put like this Run : “C:Program FilesSQLyogsja.exe” “C:bk.xml” but still it did not start.

the sja file didn't tell me everything.

I am running on Win XP + MySQL 4.0.13 + sqlyog 3.62

Ritesh

Are you able to schedule any other software using the Task Scheduler? Just try running it from the command line once.

Make sure that you are giving correct details in the task scheduler.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.