Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Open new connection as a Query Editor tab

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Open new connection as a Query Editor tab

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric Yang
      Participant

I am often working with dozens of servers at the same time. The server connection tabs are often queued very long which takes lot of time to scroll from the left to the right, and I miss the tab I look for easily.

In the past I requested to add multi-row display for server connection tab years ago but never got fulfilled, so I am suggesting an easier workaround, which is to open a new server connection as a Query Editor tab.

Suggested workflow:
      1. a user requests to open a new server connection;
      2. If the requested connection matches an existing connection, SQLyog prompts whether opening the new connection to the server as a query editor tab; or opening it in a new server connection tab;
      3.1. user chooses to open a new query editor tab;
      4.1. SQLyog creates a new query editor tab in the existing connection window and set it as the current/active window.

3.2 user chooses to open in a new server connection tab;
      4.2 SQLyog creates a new server connection tab and set it as the current/active window.

If the new connection requested doesn’t match any existing connections, SQLyog opens the connection in a new connection window.

Hope this isn’t too difficult to achieve.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.