Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Sja… Save Output To Csv

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Sja… Save Output To Csv

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stacy Martin

mysql has the ability to save output to a local server file using INTO OUTFILE syntax. But anyone who knows, this is veeery limited as the file is created on the server, rather than locally where the sql client is located… and not everyone has access to the server file system.

On the other hand, SQLyog can manually export query results to a local file… The problem is… this export to file can only be done manually.

What I’d like to be able to do though is run a scheduled job (SJA) and have those results saved to a local CSV, just as if I had exported my query results manually.

I know I can email the results of a query to myself.  It would seem to be a short jump to simply just having these results saved to a local file rather than emailed.

I would imagine this type of functionality would be pretty useful to many.  At the very least, its a compelling workaround for a deficiency in mysql.

What do others think?

Sibin A S

Hello Stacy Martin,

We have replied in the ticket created by you.

Stacy Martin

Yes – as Sibin mentioned, Support did respond to a ticket created by me.  Outstanding.

They noted that SJA does have the option to export the tables to a local file!  Sweet. For notifications, there are XML notification files… so for exporting there is an XML export file.  

Unfortunately, It doesn’t appear the reporting wizard assisted in creating an XML export file. And I didn’t notice any sample XML export file in the SJASchemas folder. So I’ve asked for a sample to be provided and/or pointing to some documentation where I can create my own.  Since I have a better idea of what I’m looking for, there may also be some resources here in the forum I have come across yet.

Will keep thread updated in case others are interested in accomplishing the same.

Stacy Martin

After further searching, I don’t think what I’m looking for is possible…  Perhaps support misunderstood what I’m looking to achieve, but it is exactly as explained in this forum post – which at last touch says it is not possible.

http://forums.webyog.com/index.php?showtopic=7519

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.