Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sqlyog Crashing On Left Join

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sqlyog Crashing On Left Join

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Larry Woods

I am using 8.82 and the PHP tunneling code. I am trying to find the records in Table A that are NOT in Table B. I am using a LEFT JOIN roughly like:

SELECT a.ID FROM tableA a LEFT JOIN tableB b ON a.Field1=b.Field2 WHERE b.propID IS NULL

NOTE: TableA has approx 30,000 records and TableB has 28,500 records.

When I run this using the 100 record limit, it runs fine. I can also step the result by 100 and it still works. When I uncheck the limit. It runs for a looong time and then pops up an error that says that SQLyog cannot connect to the tunneling code. In order to test further I changed the SQL statement to just count the result:

SELECT COUNT(a.ID) FROM tableA a LEFT JOIN tableB b ON a.Field1=b.Field2 WHERE b.propID IS NULL

Again, it ran for a loooong time and then SQLyog crashed!!!

I am attaching the dump. It seems to have created two dumps but one is 0K in length. I attached the other one.

Larry Woods

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please check in Task Manager while the query is running. I think memory use builds up to a certain point and then it crashes. Am I right? Anyway let us see what the dump tells.

nithin

We are checking this issue at our end.

BTW Can you try whether you are able to reproduce this case?

We may provide you a special build to find the exact issue.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.