Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Frequent Crashing In Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Frequent Crashing In Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      nbs

GUI: SqlYog Ultimate 8.71

PC: Dell Vostro, 3 Ghz Core Duo, 3 GB RAM

I connect to a remote DB over SSH using putty with port tunneling.

Basically, when you start SQLYog, it works fine. But after sitting for a while, when you execute a query it will not complete, the program freezes, cannot kill the query, and have to open the task manager and kill the application/process.

Any ideas?

Any other reports of this?

Thanks in advance.

peterlaursen
      Participant

If you have a regular *crash* there will be a crash dump.  Please zip and attach it here (it has no sensitive information).  If you use the term *crash* differently please detail what you experience.

We have some problems reported with a crash inside a Windows .dll “wininet.dll” as shipped with Win7 Professional (and not Ultimate, Home Premium etc.).  You may google on it and find more issues with other applications as well.  But please attach the crash dump (if you have) so that we can verify that this is the issue here.

nithin
      Quote:
      But after sitting for a while, when you execute a query it will not complete, the program freezes, cannot kill the query, and have to open the task manager and kill the application/process.

As I understand, by 'crash' you mean to say that SQLyog 'hangs' while executing the query. Please confirm this. If that is the case then this issue looks like the client(SQLyog) is loosing the connection to the server and the client is not able to detect this. If this is the case we know this already and this affects Vista and upper versions.

We have already reported this issue to MySQL.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=31109

Can you provide us temporary access to your server? So that we can check this from our end.

You can send details to mail-id : [email protected]

nbs
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

If you have a regular *crash* there will be a crash dump.  Please zip and attach it here (it has no sensitive information).  If you use the term *crash* differently please detail what you experience.

We have some problems reported with a crash inside a Windows .dll “wininet.dll” as shipped with Win7 Professional (and not Ultimate, Home Premium etc.).  You may google on it and find more issues with other applications as well.  But please attach the crash dump (if you have) so that we can verify that this is the issue here.

The latest dump file I saw was size 0.

nbs
      'nithin' wrote:

As I understand, by 'crash' you mean to say that SQLyog 'hangs' while executing the query. Please confirm this. If that is the case then this issue looks like the client(SQLyog) is loosing the connection to the server and the client is not able to detect this. If this is the case we know this already and this affects Vista and upper versions.

We have already reported this issue to MySQL.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=31109

Can you provide us temporary access to your server? So that we can check this from our end.

You can send details to mail-id : [email protected]

You are correct in your assertion about it “hanging” more so than “crashing”, however often times when it happens, the only solution is to force close the application using the Task Manager.

I suppose it may be related to the MySQL bug you linked, however, I never used to experience this in the exact same environment with earlier versions of SQLYog.

Unfortunately, I doubt we can let you into our DB servers, but I will check into that with our admin. And of course if I ever get a better dump file, I'll send it right away.

nbs

Okay, I got a dump file. See if this helps.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will check this. But please tell (if you remember) how to reproduce it.

nithin

The dump points in MySQL library and it happened when executing query.

Is this always reproducible to you?

Can you tell how to reproduce this?

So either it crashing or hanging always?

Can you try the case again after disable the query_profiler by unchecking the preference option(Tools->Preference->PowerTools->Enable Query Profiler)?

Thanks

Nithin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.