Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Copy To Clipboard, How To Paste Into Table?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Copy To Clipboard, How To Paste Into Table?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Elrinth

I really would like to know, because I didn't find anywhere in “FAQS”-pages for sqlyog about how copy and paste actually works. Anyways:

I can select a few rows with tick boxes, then select copy to clipboard.

How do I paste these rows into an other table somewhere (which has the same fields)?

In my case, a client had added a few products in a table on the live site. So I had to copy over those products into our closed test server. I manually copied field content between the two databases. Luckily it was only 3 products this time.

Mahesh

You can't paste those rows into other table, you can copy those selected rows and paste those in an editor ( like in SQLyog editor, Notepad etc…)

Elrinth
      'Mahesh' wrote on '28:

You can't paste those rows into other table, you can copy those selected rows and paste those in an editor ( like in SQLyog editor, Notepad etc…)

Ok, then where do I suggest that it should be possible to do this?

Mahesh
      Quote:
      In my case, a client had added a few products in a table on the live site. So I had to copy over those products into our closed test server. I manually copied field content between the two databases. Luckily it was only 3 products this time.

— OK .. You want to synchronize rows(records) between two similar tables then you can use a feature called “Database Synchronization” it “synchronize” data (complete database or individual tables) on two servers/host. It utilizes advanced checksum algorithms for comparison

of the data and can be very effective in “finding out” which data must be INSERTed, UPDATEd or DELETEd on either of the hosts to bring them “in sync”.

Please read this documentation regarding Database synchronization:

http://www.webyog.com/en/whitepapers/Using_SQLyog_Enterprise_to_Effectively_Synchronize_MySQL_Databases.pdf

As I understood that you have a Live server and testserver and you want newly added records in live site should get updated in testserver right ?

You can achieve this using Database Synchronization tool of SQLyog ( Goto Powertools –> Database Synchronization)

Please feel free to ask any question.

Elrinth
      'Mahesh' wrote on '28:

— OK .. You want to synchronize rows(records) between two similar tables then you can use a feature called “Database Synchronization” it “synchronize” data (complete database or individual tables) on two servers/host. It utilizes advanced checksum algorithms for comparison

of the data and can be very effective in “finding out” which data must be INSERTed, UPDATEd or DELETEd on either of the hosts to bring them “in sync”.

Please read this documentation regarding Database synchronization:

http://www.webyog.com/en/whitepapers/Using_SQLyog_Enterprise_to_Effectively_Synchronize_MySQL_Databases.pdf

As I understood that you have a Live server and testserver and you want newly added records in live site should get updated in testserver right ?

You can achieve this using Database Synchronization tool of SQLyog ( Goto Powertools –> Database Synchronization)

Please feel free to ask any question.

Well sort of. But in this very case. I only want 3 specific rows copied from the live to our local, not an actual synchro. (because we asked our client to stop working on the live and only on the test server, yet he fails and did this even so)

I haven't really tried any of the power tools but I've heard from ppl who bought your software that there's alot of terrific stuff which really eases ones database work.

Mahesh

OK .. there is another option to Copy Database/tables from one host to another.

In your case you can select target server as TestServer and check “Drop if exists in target”.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.