Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Ui During Query / Feature Request

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Ui During Query / Feature Request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

When I execute some longer-running queries, the UI often doesn't update, and all of that instance of SQLyog is locked (can't copy queries from other tabs, or view other tabs, and obscured portions of the UI don't repaint for some time).

A lot of the tools used by other people I work with tie the query execution to the tab the query resides, such that you could operate the UI, switch tabs, and execute multiple queries in one instance of SQLyog, but no more than one per tab.

nithin

When execute long running queries the GUI is disabled (except the STOP icon to stop the execution) until the execution is finished, and can not do anything this time. This is because SQLyog doesn't make different connection to MySQL for each query tab (and for each query).

Currently this would be possible if open another instance of same connection (Duplicate connection..Ctrl+N) you will be able to switch between by using mouse or keyboard short-cut(Ctrl+tab). Additionally version 8.5 (its RC now) introduces tabbed interface for connections.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Let me add that it is a limitation with the MySQL protocol that once a client has sent a query to the server, the client can only wait for the server response (a result set or an error). There is no 'parallellism' in connections to a MySQL server – only one query can be handled at a time.  Technically each connection tab in SQLyog establishes its own connection.  Different Query/Query Builder/Schema Designer tabs *in same connection tab* use the same connection.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.