Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Ssh Tunneling Problem

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Ssh Tunneling Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Othmar

Hi Support team!

I have a problem to use SQLYog Professional.

Connect to my databse server with sqlyog works well.(direct connect to port 3306) Now i will save my connect with a ssh tunnel. I have tested ssh connect with a (old)trial version of SQLYog. worked well. (did't know version) So i have purchase the actual pro version.

But with the current version ssh did not work. I get the error 2003 “Can't connect to MYSQL Server on 'localhost' (10061)”

For MYSQL server host i have checked the IP address or official remote name or localhost – nothing helps – everything there was displayed 'localhost'. (is this a bug ??) i cand type anything – always connnect to 'localhost'

To connect with putty and than start mysql console works fine.

I also have checked the SSH config:

GatewayPorts no

AllowTcpForwarding yes

KeepAlive yes

Have you a idea? Please help.

Edit: Additional info

At the sqlyog.ini thre was a strange setting:

SshHost=www.xxxxx.at (here is the official name)

SshPort=22

SshForHost=22 (here always 22 – at a old config there is localhost –> bug ???)

SshForPort=3310

SshPasswordRadio=1

SshPrivateRadio=0

SSHPrivateKeyPath=

SshSavePassword=1

Best Regards

Othmar from Austria

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      SshForHost=22 (here always 22 – at a old config there is localhost –> bug ???)

Can you try to change from '22' to 'localhost'.

Othmar

Have try localhost but no success.

I have also test another host (abcde) but on error message always 'localhost' was displayed.

If i disable SSH the error message box contains the entry from MYSQL host. If SSH enabled always 'localhost' was displayed.

Othmar

Supratik
      'Othmar' wrote on '15:

Have try localhost but no success.

I have also test another host (abcde) but on error message always 'localhost' was displayed.

If i disable SSH the error message box contains the entry from MYSQL host. If SSH enabled always 'localhost' was displayed.

Othmar

Hi,

Can you please provide us with a temporary connection of your MySQL server, you may create a ticket in our support system for privacy.

Can you please provide us the following details.

1. What is the SQLyog version you are using ?

2. Are you able to connect if you are using “127.0.0.1” instead of “localhost” ?

Othmar

Hello!

Yes i also try 127.0.0.1 – did not work.

Did you also need a SSh login ?

Othmar

Othmar

Have generated a ticket

I use newest public version: 8.3

Othmar

Othmar

SQLYog Support team have fixed the Bug in version 8.32. Now all is OK.

Very big thank's for Mahesh Patil, Nithin John and Supratik Goswami who have done great job.

SQLYog Support team have done very good work 🙂

Othmar

jexxer

Well,Now I have the same error on current 8.32 and 8.4beta2. What can I do to help to resolve this problem?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please describe the problem again.  What is exactly the problem? 

jexxer

I configured SQLyog to connect to my server using a SSH tunnel. All my connection setups do not work anymore.I always get a error: “Error No. 2003, Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)”It makes no difference if I use 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as 'MySQL Host Address'.My settings worked on older versions, but I cannot tell you on which version it stopped working. I only upgrade from time to time and I do not know what version the last working one was.I guess it is a plink problem again (I recently had a ticket open for a similar problem). If I connect to my server using Putty, configuring a SSH tunnel in Putty and use this tunnel in SQLyog, I get a perfect connection.

jexxer

OT: Sorry for the awful formatting of my last reply, but there seems to be a problem with the WYSIWYG post editor.

peterlaursen
      Participant

“All my connection setups do not work anymore.I always get a error: “Error No. 2003, Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)” seems to be a completely new issue.  Can you create a ticket and attach the SQLyog. ini?  You can overwrite passwords with garbage if you want.  

As I understand either the .ini is corrupted (by SQLyog or somebody/something else) or we are not able to read it properly.

jexxer

I deleted the ini, startet SQLyog, created a new connection. Same problem. I noticed that the current Versions do not create the config value: SshForPort=3310. Not needed anymore? Bug?

nithin

Hello,

The 'SshForPort' is no longer required.

The 8.21 version change log tells:

— The local port used by SSH-tunneling will now be selected automatically. This will avoid conflicts in case multiple programs use SSH. Also with Data Sync from command-line/scheduler it was possible to use same port for both connections what would effectively sync a server with itself

I provide you a special binary, please try this and let us know the status?

http://webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog83n1.exe

Thank you

Nithin

jexxer

The version you provided works with my old configfile 🙂

nithin

Thanks for verifying the build(But issue has not been solved here with, just commented out some functions to confirm the issue)

We are providing you another special build, there we had made some code changes as well as logging some function return values.

– The path of the log file is 'App Data folder' where the SQLyog.ini is(C:Documents and Settings{user}Application DataSQLyog).

– log file name is “sqlyog_ssh.log”

– Install this special binary, and click on 'Test connection' button in connection dialog, then copy the 'sqlyog_ssh.log' and send to us (one fix we did may solve your issue but please attach the log file whatever is the situation, so that we could analyze the issue)

http://webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog84n1.exe

Thank you

Nithin

jexxer

I will attach the logfile.

nithin

Thanks for attaching log file.

Also please tell whether this build has been worked fine for you?

Regards

Nithin

jexxer

Yes, I was able to connect to the server.

nithin

Thanks for the reply. From the log file we confirmed the API is failing, and we modified it. In btw what's your OS?

This is the another special build.

– Delete the 'sqlyog_ssh.log' before install this.

– Connect SQLyog again and attach new log file created. (This special build is for assuring the locking *port for current session is working fine)

http://webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog84n2.exe

Thanks again

Nithin

jexxer

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate/32bit.

Your changes seem to work 😉 but see yourself – logfile attached.

nithin

Thanks for the cooperation.

We provide you special build with issue got fixed(also no logging here).

You can use this until we do next public release.

http://webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_released/SQLyog84n3.exe

Regards

Nithin

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.