Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Re: F5 Key Misbehaving?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests F5 Key Misbehaving? Re: F5 Key Misbehaving?

Brian Wisti
peterlaursen wrote on May 31 2006, 11:29 AM:
This

“After a few weeks of using Enterprise more or less to my satisfaction (is it my imagination, or does plain old SQLyog work better than Enterprise?), I've been getting rude surprises from SQLyog Enterprise. The main one is that whenever I hit the F5 key to execute a query, I'm prompted to save the contents of the tab. Then, even if I click “No”, I'm given a file dialog.”

.. is not reproducable here. Looks like when pressing the code to 'close tab' is getting executed. We have 1000's – probably 100.000's – SQLyog 5.1x users and this was never reported before.

Could I ask you to try a fresh install (could be to another folder) and see if problem persists?

I had a feeling that this was a new issue, or I would have found an entry on it with a casual search through the forum 🙂 It was mostly just desperate hope that it was an easy “oh, we saw this and all you have to do is X” sort of thing.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled to a different folder. Same behavior. I'm going to poke around on my machine and see what else may have happened.

Brian Wisti wrote on May 31 2006, 12:14 PM:
I uninstalled and then reinstalled to a different folder. Same behavior. I'm going to poke around on my machine and see what else may have happened.

Oh Wow do I feel stupid. I'm using a Microsoft Natural Keyboard, and “F Lock” happened to be unset. When that's the case, F5 invokes the current application's “Open” command. I don't know what I did to hit it, but I once I set it back everything was behaving as expected.

Sorry to bug you about this. Other than my bumping into my own foolishness, I'm finding SQLYog to be a great application, and more than worth the money I paid for it.