Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Support For Arguments For Datetime, Timestamp, Time Types

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Support For Arguments For Datetime, Timestamp, Time Types

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sathish 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

StevenTitle

SQLyog does not allow setting arguments or parameters for DateTime, TimeStamp, Time data types. The argument is allow the support for high precision microseconds on those types. The Length edit box is uneditable, forcing you to have to do it manually by sql command.

After you alter the table manually from DateTime to DateTime(6), when you use SQLyog's Alter table UI, it will show you the correct DateTime type, with 6 as the value on the Length column, only that it is uneditable.

peterlaursen
    Participant

I do not understand. I can edit the value by typing in the in the GRID. But the 'calendar popup' does not support milli-/microseconds. Was this the point?

Alos please tell the SQLyog version you are using?

StevenTitle

I'm currently using 11.24 64bit. It is not when adding a new row. It is on the Alter Table screen, under the column Length. If your Data Type is DateTime, Length field is uneditable. If you manually write an Alter Table query and set the DataType to Datetime(6), then 6 will appear on the Length field, which makes sense. So if you want to use the Alter Table or Design Table screen to give DateTime microseconds feature, you will not be able to do it, because the Length field is blocked, you cannot type in it. Don't know if you get what I'm referring too.

sathish

Hello,

Since MySQL 5.6.4 and MariaDB 5.3 there are 'Fractional Seconds in Time Values'. We already have this in our issue tracker here: https://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1871

Regards,

Sathish

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.