Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Query Analyzer With Stored Routines

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Query Analyzer With Stored Routines

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mahesh 5 years ago.

• Author

mholla

Hi,

I’m using some stored procedures for maintenace purposes at my production database. The next table is taken from quey analyzer. (data taken from sniffer)

I did run a procedure once yesterday, started at 16:09, run ended at 16:28 (as seen also from First seen and Last seen columns). But, I did run it ONCE  – analyzer showing 496 as count, why?

Also the queries inside the procedure are are totally missing from query analyzer data. Query executien times are also bizarre, Running the procedure took about 20 minutes!

Query Execution Time
    (hh:mm:ss.ms)

Count

Query Occurrence(%)

First Seen

Last Seen

Query

Total

Avg

Max

Feb 27, 14 16:09:19

Feb 27, 14 16:28:28

CALL `my_procedure`()

peterlaursen
    Participant

“Also the queries inside the procedure are are totally missing from query analyzer data”.  You may use the Query Analyzer with (slow or general) log files, processlist-sniifer or proxy-sniffer.  Which one did you use? 

Anyway .. what you executed was a CALL statement, right? Does the server expose (in any of the above options) what is executed *inside the Stored Procedure*?  MONyog will infromation from log contents, from SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST or from the statement sent by the client through the proxy.  it cannot know anything internal for the server, the server does not expose. 

We will look into the query time and other issues. But please also tell both the MySQL server version and the MONyog version.

mholla

MySQL version is 5.5.33 and MONyog version 5.66

Mahesh

We will check this issue against v5.5.33 and update the status

Mahesh

We have tried against MySQL v5.5.33 and we are getting proper count for a store procedure. MySQL server decides whether to use store procedure name or queries inside store procedure. 

You can check yourself “Show Full Processlist;” output to verify whether queries or store procedure name is shown.

You can change filter option in “Query Analyzer” page (you can see `change filter` link where you can specify Timeframe to analyze data like 1 hour, 2 hour etc.. )

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.