Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

"import Csv" Is Disabled

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog "import Csv" Is Disabled

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  peterlaursen 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

garrilla

“Import CSV data using LOAD LOCAL…” is disable on the Table>Import menu

Load local is definitely on in the server.

I'm using a WAMP installation if that helps.

Any advice on how to get this enabled?

sathish

Hello,

This is because you have not selected the table in the object browser. This option will be enabled only when you select a table in the object browser. Please find the screen shot attached for your reference.

Regards,

Sathish

garrilla

Ah, thank you Sathish.

Does that mean I can't import a .csv file and use the first-line as header information to create the table?

peterlaursen
    Participant

There are 2 ways to import from CSV.

1) Using LOAD DATA LOCAL syntax. When using this option the table must be created in advance (the LOAD DATA statement is executed by the server and does not have an option to create a table – refer http://dev.mysql.com…/load-data.html)

2) Using ODBC (in case Microsoft text ODBC-driver). This tool (named 'Import External Data') can create the table.

If you select a 'database node' in the Object Browser the menu/context menu for 2nd option is available.

garrilla

Hi Peter,

thanks for your response, Option 1 makes more sense now.

I'm not seeing anything 'Option 2' ish when I follow your instructions…

Thanks again,

Garry

sathish

You can find this in Powertools-> Import External data.

Please refer: https://static.webyog.com/docs/SQLyog/Migration_Toolkit_SQLyog_MySQL_Manager.htm

peterlaursen
    Participant

.. or as I wrote in the database menu/context menu when a database is selected in Object Browser.

garrilla
    Quote:
    Note: This feature is available in SQLyog Enterprise and Ultimate.

I'm only a professional account user.

🙁

peterlaursen
    Participant

If you are considering upgrading, please contact sales@webyog.com. You will of course not need to pay the full price for Enterprise or Ultimate as you already paid for Professional.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.