Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Database Sync Failing

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Database Sync Failing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sathish 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

maxhugen
    Participant

I've been happily using the Database Synchronisation Tool for years, but suddenly it's failing. I use it to update a local copy of the database.

When it first failed, one table only (of ~100 tables) ran through the 'check' procedure, but then did not display any values for Inserted | Updated | Deleted.

I ran the Schema Sync Tool to check for any differences between the server db and local db copy, but there are none.

Next, I created a dump on the server, downloaded it to my local machine, and ran it via SQLyog. It appeared to run AOK.

However, when I tried Database Sync again (from server to local), multiple tables failed to sync, and I noted that in all the tables that did succeed, all records were 'Updated', which seems weird. I've attached a screen shot of the cmd.exe screen while the Sync was running to illustrate the problem.

I have SQLyog v11.25 (32 bit) installed.

As I rely on using up-to-date data locally, for an app I develop, I'm a bit anxious to fix this problem. Any suggestions would be hugely welcome.

MTIA.

maxhugen
    Participant

FWIW, I tried a different way to re-create the local db. Starting with an empty local db, I first did a Schema Sync from the server, and then did the Database Sync. This worked.

I still have no idea why using the dump from the server failed to work correctly though.

sathish

Hello,

Could you please tell us the exact error? And also there is no screenshot attached. Please zip the file and attach it here again.

it would be helpful if you could provide us a reproducible test case to debug this issue.

Regards,

Sathish

maxhugen
    Participant

Hi. I don't know why the attachment didn't work, so I zipped it and attached.

sathish

Hello,

We have tried in our environment and it works fine. It would be helpful if you could provide us a sample test case where this is reproducible.

Regards,

Sathish

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.