#1 cierick

cierick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hello,

I would like to request a feature for Schema Synchronization Tool:
1. On inserts, I would love to have the fields included. For example, instead of INSERT INTO tbl VALUES (1), it'll write INSERT INTO tbl (tblID) VALUES (1).
2. On updates, it'll only SET the fields that aren't equal.

The purpose of these changes is having an ability to do a "diff" that's readable by developers / release managers.

Thanks,
Rick

#2 cierick

cierick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm sorry, I meant a feature request for Database Synchronization Wizard for SQLYog. Could a moderator please move or delete this topic?

#3 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I do not understand your 2nd point. Data Sync will generate INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE statements. For those rows that are identical in both databases/tables and have the same PK-value there will not be any statements.

Maybe you reqeust an option to generate only UPDATEs and not INSERTs or DELETEs (in other words allow that source and target could have row that the other does not? Omitting DELETEs is possible already now actually but omitting INSERTs is not).

Anyway please elaborate. A (very) small sync script as it looks now as compared with how you want it to be would be useful.
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users