4 replies to this topic

#1 priyank

priyank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

Are there any plans for releasing a SQLyog version for Postgres.

I really miss the functionality of SQLyog while using Postgres.

Postgres' official client sucks big time. 3rd party alternatives aren't great either.

I'm sure many people would love to see a SQLyog version for Postgres. Any plans?

-Priyank

#2 ashwin

ashwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hi,

Are there any plans for releasing a SQLyog version for Postgres.

I really miss the functionality of SQLyog while using Postgres.

Postgres' official client sucks big time. 3rd party alternatives aren't great either.

I'm sure many people would love to see a SQLyog version for Postgres. Any plans?

-Priyank

There are no such plans for releasing SQLyog for PostgreSQL. This FAQ explains why- http://www.webyog.co...og-support.html

#3 Diusterios

Diusterios

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

thats Great thanks

#4 ntman

ntman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:53 PM

Now at a new job need to work with PostgreSQL. None of the tested programs for PostgreSQL even comes close in terms of convenience and speed to SQLyog. So it is worth considering either the launch of separate product for PostgreSQL or to implement in SQLyog modular architecture that allows to write native drivers for other bases.

#5 br8kwall

br8kwall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

I need to chime in to this thread.

I've requested this before and I know Webyog's official response is that there are no plans to directly support Postgres.

But as I use Postgres more and more (and MySQL less and less) I agree with ntman: the options for Postgres GUI tools are not good and I constantly wish I had a focused tool with the elegance and refinement of SQLyog (or Monyog for that matter) - especially at a reasonable price point.

Even the eye-wateringly-priced tools are sprawling messes without a lot of thought put into them relative to SQLyog. Producing POSTYog would be a major undertaking, but if you made a SQLyog parallel for Postgres I'd buy it in heartbeat.

Please reconsider this growth opportunity.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Postgres, sqlyog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users