5 replies to this topic

#1 smine

smine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

SQLyog Ultimate 9.61, Excel 2007, WinXPPro 2002 SP3.

i use Powertools -> Import External Data with datasource Excel 97-2003 format .xls file. i map one of the columns to DOUBLE(24,8) and the destination table exists with that column also DOUBLE(24,8). but after the import, the data has only 6 digits of precision (the last 2 decimal places are always 00).

am i doing something wrong?

#2 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

It is probably an issue with the driver, but we will check this.
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#3 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

This is reproducble for us on a Win7 system where the Excel odbc driver version is 12 (Office 2007). With driver version 14 (Office 2010) it is not.

I don't know if Microsoft has backported this to Office 2007 (we are checking). Do you have all Office 2007 Servicepacks installed?

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#4 smine

smine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

my Excel About says "Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6565.5003) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)".

i am in a corporate environment and the IT department controls all software so i'm not sure if i can get anything newer installed.

in any case, it looks like it's nothing that SQLyog can fix. thanks for checking!

#5 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

The latest Service Pack for Office 2007 is SP3. It is downloadable from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=27838

(But we did not manage to check it yesterday. We will do as soon as possible)

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#6 ashwin

ashwin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

@Smine,

This is reproducible for us if the double datatype column is not the first column in the Excel sheet. This seems to be a driver issue and nothing to do with SQLyog. Office 2007 SP3 also it is reproducible :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users