• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

BTW: I the purpose of this discussion is to decide who is right, then please find an academic Forums instead of this one. We are trying to help people and not to decide 'who is right'. But actually the documentation is wrong and you read it like the devil reads the Bible.  Reported here: http://bugs.mysql.co...g.php?id=64215 

I want to see your complete configuration file and I want acces to this server if we shall spend more time with it. Writing forth and back here leads nowhere.

Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#47 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Please refer: http://www.webyog.co...-9-63-released/

With a -- skip-character-set-client-handshake setting in configuration you can now enter SET NAMES UTF8 as an INIT-COMMAND for the connection in SQLyog

Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#48 Lexx918

Lexx918

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:PHP, mySQL, Dota, Пивас!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

..you can now enter SET NAMES UTF8

COOL! It works! :)