3 replies to this topic

#1 jez9999

jez9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi guys,

I've successfully checked out the sourcecode for SQLyog and built it into a release version. It runs fine. How do I build the Win32 setup for it now, and what files do I need to include? What installer system do you use, and have I missed some file about how to create the setup exe? If not, can you tell me what steps I need to go thru? Thanks!

#2 jez9999

jez9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Oh, by the way, I see the installer has been changed in the last half-year or so. I'm actually building a source code revision that is before you switched to the VS2010 .sln, so could you give me the details of how you used to bundle it back then?

#3 vishal.pr

vishal.pr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

We use NSIS from Nullsoft to create the installer for SQLyog. However there is a lot of such tools exist along with the one integrated with Visual Studio itself(Not sure about EXPRESS editions).

#4 jez9999

jez9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

Did you used to use Inno Setup? The old installer screen looked like you did. If so, could someone send me the Inno Setup or Nullsoft setup template files so I can create a setup exe, or at least tell me what needs to be installed where?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users