• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boyd Hemphill

Boyd Hemphill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

I am sure this is obvious, but I cannot find instructions in the doc, nor can I find them on my file system.

I have customized several of the Monyog files and would like to back them up as suggested. Trouble is I cannot find them.

I am using the rpm version on Centos 5.2

Thanks!
Boyd

#2 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

There are no files. The javascript is stored in the MONyog database.

To backup copy from the 'customize' interface and paste into an editor.
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#3 Boyd Hemphill

Boyd Hemphill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

I assume this means that it is in the SQLite DB. So, that said, where would this be located. In this way, I can back it up "automagically."

#4 peterlaursen

peterlaursen

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,869 posts
  • Interests:well ... jazz/folk music, photography, chess, nature, ecology, history, bicycling, Highland Malts ... well, Lowland Malts and Cognac too actually :-) just wonder how I get the time to touch a computer! SQLyog and MONyog? no that's not interest, that's BASIC NEEDS simply!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

Yes, SQLite. The file is named 'MONyog.res' (check for a 'res' subfolder to installation folder).

You can backup the file of course, but we cannot guarantee that you can/should simply restore the file after upgrading. For two reasons:
1) database schema may have been subject to change.
2) you will miss what improvements are done from our side.

But you can open with SQLite client of course. We know that this is not optimal for users who edit advisors. It is recorded in our issue-tracker already that we should improve this (some export/import thing).
Computers make your grey hair come off ....

Peter Laursen
Webyog

#5 Boyd Hemphill

Boyd Hemphill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Yes, SQLite. The file is named 'MONyog.res' (check for a 'res' subfolder to installation folder).

You can backup the file of course, but we cannot guarantee that you can/should simply restore the file after upgrading. For two reasons:
1) database schema may have been subject to change.
2) you will miss what improvements are done from our side.

But you can open with SQLite client of course. We know that this is not optimal for users who edit advisors. It is recorded in our issue-tracker already that we should improve this (some export/import thing).

Awesome Peter thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users